BRAID: "Redefines what the medium can be—and more importantly what it can say" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM

Default BRAID: "Redefines what the medium can be—and more importantly what it can say"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...gtgameblog0301

"Braid's wildly imaginative environments, composed of beautiful, perpetually moving watercolours, owe inspiration to such diverse sources as the painted worlds of Capcom's Okami and Vincent Ward's film What Dreams May Come, scenes of which appear set on living canvas. The sky in Braid is a swirling ocean of blue and white, and heavenly bodies pulse and spin as we run beneath them. It's impossible to recognize the game's milieu as anything less than interactive art."

This game rocks...
Old 08-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Banned

ya..this game was pretty g0od from what i played. still trial... 1200 ms points is kinda steep though. how long is this game? have people said?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:19 PM

Not Smackdown material. Take it to the Game Room.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
ya..this game was pretty g0od from what i played. still trial... 1200 ms points is kinda steep though. how long is this game? have people said?
It can be beaten in mere hours. Read the IGN review.

$15 is an awful lot...I'm waiting for a special or price cut. I want to play it, but I can wait for the price to be a tad more reasonable. DLC has zero resale value, so getting me to "buy it" takes a great deal, or great features...i.e. internet play in Turtles, or Bionic Commando (which just looks insanely awesome).

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 PM

According to IGN this game is a full 12% less awesome than MGS4.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmonkey View Post
According to IGN this game is a full 12% less awesome than MGS4.
why would you even compare it to mgs 4? i'm sure xbla games are on a different review basis then the same kind of review for mgs 4.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Didn't bother with the trial here, just paid up for the full thing... Honestly I can see this game being a very good buy.. I'm really digging it hard core, perfect causual game to just kick back and play for a bit while you wait for something to happen.... Until of course you realize you've been completely sucked into it with no hope of return

So far I have a good portion of the first puzzle's peices (nearly all) and I'm working on number 2 while I wait for new skills that will allow me access to those few impossible to get peices.. Playing with time is kind of fun... there's a whole lot of trial and error getting things just right. Thank god the game developers beleive in a consequence free environment
Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
why would you even compare it to mgs 4? i'm sure xbla games are on a different review basis then the same kind of review for mgs 4.
I'm just trying to help Darkfalz find a better game to play. He's very score oriented...
Old 08-08-2008, 08:31 AM

I might buy this. I tried the demo last night and I think my GF would love this.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:40 AM

I completed the trail and while I like the art style and some of the puzzles are actually pretty clever. I don't think I'll buy this game @ $15. There's no replay value, no multiplayer. Perhaps I would get it if the price would drop, or if I was bored and decided to spend the points on a whim. Otherwise, I want to wait to get some of the other XBLA titles.