Ghostbusters cancelled? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 AM

Default Ghostbusters cancelled?

I found this on gamepro.com
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=205982

This game was on my wish list, as it is a direct sequel to the second film. The story was written by dan aykroyd and harold ramis. The entire cast signed up to lend their voices and likeness.

This what happens when companies merge they kill off the good games and constantly release re hashses of their aaa titles aka warcraft.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deth crimsonx View Post
I found this on gamepro.com
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=205982

This game was on my wish list, as it is a direct sequel to the second film. The story was written by dan aykroyd and harold ramis. The entire cast signed up to lend their voices and likeness.

This what happens when companies merge they kill off the good games and constantly release re hashses of their aaa titles aka warcraft.
The game isn't cancelled, They just don't have a publisher yet. Check Kotaku... the devs said it will never be cancelled.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:01 PM

i dont know isnt sierra the publisher and developer? i hope its not cancelled, this game had some of the coolest gameplay moments ive seen on the live marketplace during
Old 07-29-2008, 12:06 PM

UDPATE: Sierra has issued a one statement denial regarding a Ghostbusters cancellation today: "It is not cancelled and will not be canceled."
Old 07-29-2008, 12:07 PM

thats what they say but activision/blizzard are the main company right? they technically have the last say
Old 07-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Formerly Pakman3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
UDPATE: Sierra has issued a one statement denial regarding a Ghostbusters cancellation today: "It is not cancelled and will not be canceled."
Also it just doesn't have a publisher. Does this mean exclusivity is up for grabs?!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:05 PM

Wow that really sucks. Sometimes i wonder about the suits running these big companies. Its nice to see the video game indusrty booming the way it is but at the same time it sucks because all of the little production companies are being swallowed by the man.
Creavtivity and innovation usually come from the little guys... i just hope the Suits dont kill it for us.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:17 PM
HDD Contributor

Personally I'm far, far, FAR more concerned about the fate of Brutal Legend, the new Tim Schafer game which is also supposed to be published by Sierra. That game has been on my radar since I first heard of it (I'll buy anything Tim Schafer makes, no questions asked) so I'm getting pretty worried about it now.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:32 PM

I've been waiting for a sequel to Ghostbusters forever this game is the closest thing I'm going to get,I hope somebody picks it up soon.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:36 PM

I dunno..I heard their working on a new Ghostbusters movie. CGI based. They would have done live action, but thanks to Bill Murray who refused to act, they had to go CGI so they could at least get his voice. I think its still in the planning stage, but it was originally called Ghostbusters go to Hell, but was renamed Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent. There was also an early rumor about it being live action and replacing Bill Murray with Ben Stiller. Oh the humanity...