Viking: Battle for Asgard - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-27-2008, 10:48 AM

Default Viking: Battle for Asgard

anybody ever played this? I rented this and I'm having a blast with it

It's not as bad as the reviewers make it out to be, it's just basic hack and slash but it's got it's own charm.

but then again it might just be me

And anybody ever play conan, jericho, blacksite, dark sector and turok?

I hear mixed things about these games.

thanks
Old 07-27-2008, 01:56 PM

I had alot of fun playing it. Its pretty much the same thing over and over, but it was alot of fun. The skulls got me mad a few times trying to get all 1000 GS
Old 07-27-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApBtFusion View Post
anybody ever played this? I rented this and I'm having a blast with it

It's not as bad as the reviewers make it out to be, it's just basic hack and slash but it's got it's own charm.

but then again it might just be me

And anybody ever play conan, jericho, blacksite, dark sector and turok?

I hear mixed things about these games.

thanks
I have the PS3 version which is buggy as all hell so i never got that far in it. I need to check in and see if they've patched it yet. The first time i played it, it locked up in the opening cinematic.. the 2nd time the sound cut out and was glitching.. Kind of takes the fun out of things.

Conan is decent, but it's a total mindless hack and slash so mileage my vary, I turned my brain off for the most part and was entertained.

Jericho... Couldn't stomach it so never got to far, gameplay was just bleh and annoying.

Blacksite is super generic to the extreme. If you're desperate for an FPS give it a try, it's not going to win any awards though.

Dark Sector was pretty fun, but had it's own set of issues. Honestly it's the best of the games you mentioned IMHO.

Turok.. I picked it up for 18$ from amazon last week but haven't really done much with it. Played the opening sequences and tossed it back in the stack.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
I had alot of fun playing it. Its pretty much the same thing over and over, but it was alot of fun. The skulls got me mad a few times trying to get all 1000 GS
haha yea, I got frustrated with the skulls so i gave up on those

but this game is pretty fun, you're right same thing over and over, but for some reason I'm having alot of fun with it
Old 07-27-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
I have the PS3 version which is buggy as all hell so i never got that far in it. I need to check in and see if they've patched it yet. The first time i played it, it locked up in the opening cinematic.. the 2nd time the sound cut out and was glitching.. Kind of takes the fun out of things.

Conan is decent, but it's a total mindless hack and slash so mileage my vary, I turned my brain off for the most part and was entertained.

Jericho... Couldn't stomach it so never got to far, gameplay was just bleh and annoying.

Blacksite is super generic to the extreme. If you're desperate for an FPS give it a try, it's not going to win any awards though.

Dark Sector was pretty fun, but had it's own set of issues. Honestly it's the best of the games you mentioned IMHO.

Turok.. I picked it up for 18$ from amazon last week but haven't really done much with it. Played the opening sequences and tossed it back in the stack.
thanks, I'll probably rent turok and dark sector next
Old 07-28-2008, 02:00 PM

I picked it up from gamestop, new for $30. it got crappy reviews, but I'd say its a solid $30 game.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:12 AM

Dark Sector borrows heavily from GoW, has the same visual aesthetic, same shoot/cover dynamic, even has a 'roadie run'.
But it's pretty good, decent production values, satisfying gunplay, and the glaive is a very cool weapon.

Definitely worth a rent.