Xbox 360 Black Screen??? Anyone else had this? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-24-2008, 08:48 AM

Default Xbox 360 Black Screen??? Anyone else had this?

A friend and I were playing RSV2 last night and my xbox would go black when both of us got killed. It would not respond to the controller at all and I had to power it off and back on to make it work again. This happened probably 5 or 6 times before I got tired of it and just turned it off.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:40 PM

i believe it has to do with the game itself

try other games.

i had the same problem with RSV if i died i would get a black screen or go in limbo thus i had to power down and boot up.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deth crimsonx View Post
i believe it has to do with the game itself

try other games.

i had the same problem with RSV if i died i would get a black screen or go in limbo thus i had to power down and boot up.
That sucks ass. I have played a TON of RSV2... I am elite 13 rank and everything. I don't know why it just started happening.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:08 PM

I've had that happen several times when shutting down FFXI from within the game. Normally the screen just goes black a couple seconds before the dashboard pops up, but its happened several times now where it just stays on that black screen and the controller or guide button won't do anything. Only thing to do is like you said is power off and restart.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I've had that happen several times when shutting down FFXI from within the game. Normally the screen just goes black a couple seconds before the dashboard pops up, but its happened several times now where it just stays on that black screen and the controller or guide button won't do anything. Only thing to do is like you said is power off and restart.
I both love and hate the Xbox 360.

and
Old 07-24-2008, 04:18 PM

yes the 360 is a love and hate i am on my fourth!!!!!

i may get another one so i can have a newer one, the one i have now is the revised hardware revisison before the hdmi came out so for a year no problems. before that it broke down and 3-4 months!!!!

but thsi problem your havign is game releated or it could be demonware the online side of it, its been wonky is alot of games that use it!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:49 PM

Mine works great, when it turns on. I have an issue where I turn the power on and the opening xbox 360 logo just sits there and nothing else happens. All I have to do is turn it off and turn it back on, and it works forever. Odd, but certainly not worth sending it in for.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:23 AM

UPDATE: I played last night with no problems at all. It was probably a problem with the online service, I suppose.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:43 AM

anyone else still running on a launch system like myself?? Think I might pick up an Elite for insurance.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smockaveli View Post
anyone else still running on a launch system like myself?? Think I might pick up an Elite for insurance.
I sold my launch system to a friend of mine a year or so ago... he got the red ring a few months ago. It made it a while before dying a cruel death. He got it fixed though.