A good arcade stick for consoles - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 AM

Default A good arcade stick for consoles

Lately I have been looking for a good duel arcade stick for my consoles (360 & or ps3). The two controllers I was thinking about going with was X-arcade tank stick for $199 or Arcade-in-a-Box duel 360 controller for $299. The X-arcade is cheaper but the reviews are slightly better for the Arcade-in-a-Box. I would like some opinions from some hardcore fighting fans to help me make my mind up. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipToeBandit View Post
Lately I have been looking for a good duel arcade stick for my consoles (360 & or ps3). The two controllers I was thinking about going with was X-arcade tank stick for $199 or Arcade-in-a-Box duel 360 controller for $299. The X-arcade is cheaper but the reviews are slightly better for the Arcade-in-a-Box. I would like some opinions from some hardcore fighting fans to help me make my mind up. Thanks in advance.

If you head out to amazon.com right now there is an exclusive Soul Calibur IV arcade stick for the Xbox 360 (and PS3)...it has pretty good reviews.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:23 AM

I already have the arcade stick for the 360. I bought the virtu fighter edition. It's ok but I do not really care for the ball on the stick. I still appreciate the heads up though.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:58 AM

I guess the hardcore fighting fan went extinct with the arcade? So anybody with any experience with either or both controllers would help. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipToeBandit View Post
I already have the arcade stick for the 360. I bought the virtu fighter edition. It's ok but I do not really care for the ball on the stick. I still appreciate the heads up though.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the HORI made sticks but its a cheap way to have something a little better than the reg controller. Myself, I have one of the single custom jobs from Arcade-in-a-Box which was just over $200, and for me works great on DOA4 & SF:HFII. Can't wait to test it out on SC IV next week. I'd definately recommend that one for sure.

Hey, if you do happen to get the dual stick one from Arcade let me know what you think.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:23 PM

Thanks Mojo. I want the duel sticks so my two sons can experience fighting games like I did whenever I was coming up. Accurate controls and having to battle with people with superior skills. Things got better after dumping a few sacks of Alladin's castle tokens.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:16 PM

X-Arcade is good but doesn't work with Xbox 360 unless you have the Keyboard and Mouse USB adaptor. Arcade in a Box would be the way to go. I've had both before I just changed to MAME
Old 07-31-2008, 08:33 PM

I owned the x arcade for a bit. I used it on my xbox1 for playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2. It looked like it was built good but lagged AND one of the switches/sensors broke on the joystick. Fry's gave me my money back.

If you have a BC PS3, get the Street Fighter Anniversary stick, which is what I got after the x arcade. It has great build quality and performs well with no lag, as there are no adapters. It just has a y plug at the end for either your ps2 or xbox1.

Also, I heard the Hori sticks are OKAY, but are a tad small....
Old 07-31-2008, 08:39 PM

Get Arcade in a box. Just have them custom build you a stick. It should be of great quality. They offer Sanwa parts...which is a huge deal.

Anyway, I'm going to buy a stick for the PS2, then track down the PS2 to PS3 adapters, and the 360 USB adapter. That way I have a stick for both. Sure, it's expensive, but it's ONE stick that i get to use for both consoles. Instead of having to buy to separate sticks, and hope for good quality.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 PM

This is for twonunpackmule. With the proper adapters I will be able to use the arcade in a box with both consoles (ps3 & 360)