Dead Space Blu-Ray Question - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 AM

Default Dead Space Blu-Ray Question

I like a good horror game now and then, and have been eyeing Dead Space for a bit. Sure, it's published by EA, so I'll probably rent it first or wait for some credible reviews just to be sure, but I will probably purchase it if its as good as some of the trailers have led me to believe.

Assuming I like it, I'll probably also pick up the Blu-ray prequel as well, assuming I can find a good deal. With that said, here is my question. I'm almost certainly going to buy the Xbox 360 version of the game as I prefer playing multiplatform games on it. However, the Blu-ray prequel movie supposedly contains a code for bonus content in the game.

Has EA stated whether the Blu-ray must install some data to the hard drive to unlock this content (thus necessitating that I buy the PS3 version of the game since my 360 obviously does not play Blu-rays) or is it going to be coming as an actual code on a piece of paper inserted into the blu-ray disc or its packaging? I'm afraid its probably the former, since the latter would just be leaked immediately onto the web.

Anyone with an answer or some well grounded speculation would be appreciated.