PS3 & PC Online Community unite!! with DC Universe Online - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-22-2008, 10:13 AM

Default PS3 & PC Online Community unite!! with DC Universe Online

DC Universe Online! MMO that SOE and DC have been working on for about 3 years will let PC and PS3 players play all together. That is some cool shit!! Isn't it?

http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/10/...medley_dc.html
Old 07-23-2008, 12:14 AM

looks veryy good.
im glad they made an MMO type of game for the PS3.
that is the first time they do the PS3 and PC cross play.
cant wait for it!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EonNomad View Post
looks veryy good.
im glad they made an MMO type of game for the PS3.
that is the first time they do the PS3 and PC cross play.
cant wait for it!
really? Was UT3 not cross play? Hope they make it kinda dark rather to give the DC characters some character. How cool would it be to play as Lobo and battle against Batman, or better yet, play as Lobo the Duck.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:30 PM

^^^ Really? I've never played that game. Not a big "Unreal" fan.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Bliss View Post
DC Universe Online! MMO that SOE and DC have been working on for about 3 years will let PC and PS3 players play all together. That is some cool shit!! Isn't it?

I play Final Fantasy 11 which is crossplay (PC, PS2, 360), and cross continent play. I like it in FF11, glad to see it making it into more games.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash View Post
really? Was UT3 not cross play? Hope they make it kinda dark rather to give the DC characters some character. How cool would it be to play as Lobo and battle against Batman, or better yet, play as Lobo the Duck.
lol that would be funny if you can play as lobo the duck. Though i thought u meant howard the duck from marvel lol. Im not sure about UT3 being cross platform.
And when you say FF11 was continent play, you can play online with other ppl on the ps2, xbox, and pc?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Bliss View Post

Yeah, finally MMOs have reached the level of cross-platform compatibility that MUDs had back in the 1980s.

Seriously though - there's no reason why more games don't have this, save for different software houses doing the ports and wanting to do things their own way. Myth: The Fallen Lords and Quake II are two I remember from around '97 where you could play with Macs and PCs (including *nix, in the case of Quake II) on the same server. (And of course back in the days of MUDs, all anyone needed was compatible terminal software, or more recently a Telnet client.)
Old 07-24-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
I play Final Fantasy 11 which is crossplay (PC, PS2, 360), and cross continent play. I like it in FF11, glad to see it making it into more games.
And for those of us that have it installed on the 60gb PS3, it runs perfectly on it too. Sucks they won't release a PS3 version though.

Back to DC online though...sucks that SOE can't dump DC and switch it over to Marvel since Microsoft killed that project. I'm not much of a DC universe fan other than a few characters.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 AM

^^Marvel Universe online Could be a DC killer....but that depends on who you talk to. As you can see Batman is doing better than Spiderman in theaters.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
And for those of us that have it installed on the 60gb PS3, it runs perfectly on it too. Sucks they won't release a PS3 version though.

Back to DC online though...sucks that SOE can't dump DC and switch it over to Marvel since Microsoft killed that project. I'm not much of a DC universe fan other than a few characters.
Yeah, i neglected to add the PS3 because it's just the PS2 version, but i remember they patched it hmm.. While ago. A true PS3 version would be nice, though I doubt I could give up playing it on the PC =x