New Wolfenstein game announced! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 PM

Thumbs up New Wolfenstein game announced!

Teaser Trailer
awesome stuff. Wolfenstein: Ressurection of Evil was my graduation present from Elementary school
anyway. CANT WAIT. I love the idea of making nazis have special powers
Old 07-17-2008, 07:45 PM

See the avy...

Yea Been a long time fan, RTCW was THE best online MP for Xbox period. Even better then Halo2. Panzer or LT FTW!!

I hope they do some updated version of Beach Invasion......
Old 07-18-2008, 01:56 PM

i'm excited about this one. One of my favorite franchises!

I sneezed and missed half of the trailer. You would think they'd give us a bit more...Anyone know a release date?
Old 07-18-2008, 04:59 PM

No date yet, the rumor is they will show off the more of it and the MP at Quakecon at the end of the month.

GameInformer has a nice write up on it.

From the sounds of it.... It will be sandbox style mission based game. And no matter how many nazi's you kill off more will be sent via troop renforcement. Possible more then one town. Might be able to boost up B.J stamina, and special powers? Their will be an alternate dimension called the "Shroud" which is the main goal of destroying including Himmlers SS division.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:26 PM

I loved Castle Wolfenstein when it first came out in 2D. Then it was really cool playing it when it was released in 3D - just before Doom. Though I believe I played Marathon on the Mac before that one, so it was not my first FPS.

Marathon of course led to Halo - and it was way ahead of its time when it came out with physics models and everything.

Will definitely get the new WOlfenstein when it comes out.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:22 PM

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was one of my ALLTIME favorite games... One thing though, they never put Hilter in there.. I remember playing the 2d versions also as a kid and getting to Blow-Up Hitler at the end of it... Plus stabbing all the "SS" and the blood-curling scream they always used to belt out in the 2d version.. it was Hysterical (those were the days) But Return was just amazing... even the final Boss (who reminded me a LOT of Rob Zombie) Maybe he was the model for it. But I can't wait for a new round.. MORE then ready for it.. Warcraft has been burning me out the last 5 years.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:56 PM

i'd love for them to make the maps completely destructible like Bad Company did. I have more fun blowing the hell out of buildings, water towers and roads than people. I wanna blow shit up!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:25 PM

I remember when I was in the 2nd grade (I think it was in the 2nd grade) and my dad came home from work with an IBM thinkpad and Wolfenstein 3d. When I loaded that game up, I was hooked. I'd never seen a game so gory, and downright amazing before then. At the end of the game when I got to kill Hitler, I thought to myself, "wow". That game was great!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:41 PM

That's SWEEEEEET! I'll be picking that one up for sure. I'm a long time Wolfenstein fan.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:23 AM

Oh hell yeah!