Race Pro announced - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM

Default Race Pro announced

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6767_en.html

Quote:
RACE Pro recreates a breathtaking reality giving gamers the ultimate racing simulation experience, all powered by Lizard, SimBin's own physics engine. With precision physics and handling, racers will feel every bend and burst of acceleration along with every emotion from pre-race tension in the pit lanes to the exhilaration of capturing the checker flag. RACE Pro provides unrivalled realism and deep immersion into the racing world through ultra realistic car models and official FIA championships and tracks. Putting players in the driving seats of their simulated racing careers, racers will have the opportunity to work their way up the leader boards through intense training and winning key races. RACE Pro has something for everyone, allowing players of all levels to pick up and play, while offering challenging tracks and advanced modes for the more experienced players.

RACE Pro offers a wealth of cars ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power, as well as a host of championships including WTCC (World Touring Car Championship), Formula 3000 and Formula BMW. GT cars from manufacturers including Aston Martin and Saleen take their place on the grid as well as production cars such as the Audi R8 and Dodge Viper SRT10. In addition, RACE Pro is exclusively bringing all the WTCC cars from manufacturers Alfa Romeo, BMW, Chevrolet and Seat to Xbox 360 for the very first time. For a blast of accessible fun, the Mini Cooper Challenge invites players of all abilities to take the wheel.

Gamers and racing fans alike will experience the thrill of racing these powerful cars on 13 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are exclusive to RACE Pro, and US tracks Laguna Seca and Road America are brand new to SimBin fans.
http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/...9/RACE-Pro.htm

Last edited by Master X; 07-11-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:08 PM

Race Pro demo due out soon - lots of DLC planned (Next Race Pro will hit PS3 also)
http://www.gamereactor.eu/text.php?id=619

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/1...25/imgs_1.html
Old 01-21-2009, 01:20 AM

Looks good. Been kind of dying for a new racing game lately. With the Burnout news and this, things are looking good. Hopefully Forza 3 will be announced soon.

Although, not all that much of a fan of the full blown race cars. I'm more of a production car kinda guy.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned

I am probably going to get this. simbin makes great driving games, but lack in the graphics department. this looks to have both good physics and good graphics, well compared to other simbin games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguy View Post
Looks good. Been kind of dying for a new racing game lately. With the Burnout news and this, things are looking good. Hopefully Forza 3 will be announced soon.

Although, not all that much of a fan of the full blown race cars. I'm more of a production car kinda guy.

I am the opposite. I love race cars. production cars not so much.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:39 PM

Wow its only $39.99
Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 PM

This game got terrible reviews so far.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
This game got terrible reviews so far.

OHHH nooooses you better not try it out then we know how you cant play a game unless someone else tells you its good and ok for you to play.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
OHHH nooooses you better not try it out then we know how you cant play a game unless someone else tells you its good and ok for you to play.
I'm not a car sim player, so I wouldn't try it, regardless.

However, the fact that it has a 64 average on MC is valuable information to the readers of this forum. Therefore, what I posted was useful, while what you posted was trolling. Also, here's a post from you from about a week ago:

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game...ml#post1399836

Quote:
I passed over WKS because of its review
And that's based on a Famitsu (!) review of an import game.

So, uh, yeah, kettle/pot/black.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:11 AM

Eurogamer
Quote:
Such unpolished aspects won't do the game any favours when it's competing against the likes of GRID and PGR4, but shrewd racing fans should be able to look past the exterior and appreciate the finely tuned engine beneath. Race Pro is a great driving experience, striking a rare balance between the immediate enjoyment of an arcade racer and the deeper, more nuanced long-term satisfaction of a hardcore sim
8/10
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpage...p?q=Race%20Pro

Its at 66% and its getting mixed reviews. 2 8s and 2 6s so far.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 AM

so the game sucks huh? shame.. had promise