In-Blu XMB? (Firm 2.4 question) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-02-2008, 01:05 PM

Default In-Blu XMB? (Firm 2.4 question)

Hey, did a quick google search and also checked these forums briefly and haven't found a satisfactory answer. I'm currently dling firmware 2.4, I know it adds Trophy and In-Game XMB (among other things). Does it also add in-movie XMB. THere are some settings, etc, than can only be changed from the XMB, and I hate having to pop out of the movie to change them (especially since it takes so damn long to load some of those blus). Same for sending messages, etc, while in the movie.

Basically, the 360 allows you to send/receive messages, invites, etc and will notify you while watching a DVD or HD-DVD. Can this new PS3 firmware do that as well? Would love to finally have that ability. THanks.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:06 PM

I'm 95% sure that you can't use the XMB while in a movie. You realize that you get signed out of the PSN when you watch a Blu Ray movie, so getting messages and invites would have never come anyway unless they fixed this with 2.4. I don't know if they added video settings though when you press the Home button.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 07-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Watcher of stances

no, this feature is not available yet according to sony.

they stated in-game PS3 XMB access was a priority.
in-movie XMB access is coming, however.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Thanks a lot, didn't realize it signed you out of PSN when you popped in a Blu. Oh well, someday maybe.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
O_o

I really want in-movie XMB too, it would be nice to stay online while watching a movie and letting friends know what you're watching.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Personally I think Sony should change the keyboard to reflect a cellphone's keyboard. Like 3 letters to a button instead of every letter having it's own button. It's kinda tedious to have to go back and forth just to type out a simple message.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Watcher of stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuce View Post
Personally I think Sony should change the keyboard to reflect a cellphone's keyboard. Like 3 letters to a button instead of every letter having it's own button. It's kinda tedious to have to go back and forth just to type out a simple message.
can't you already do this?
i thought you can swap between the two.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:09 PM

As far as I know, you can't. But then again I don't send alot of messages or use the PS3 for the internet. If you can do it, please tell me how.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Watcher of stances

iirc, the PS3 launched with a cellphone style keyboard and gave an option to use qwerty style after a few firmware updates.

perhaps it switched to qwerty.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:18 PM

Michealo, congrats on become a moderator. I look to your posts for my morning dose of witty sarcasm...