Wii exclusive:Castlevania Judgement 3D Fighter!? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-02-2008, 12:19 AM

Default Wii exclusive:Castlevania Judgement 3D Fighter!?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=47669
http://wii.ign.com/articles/885/885501p1.html

Quote:
Konami Announces Castlevania Judgement for Wii
Wii's first Belmont tale is a fighter?
July 1, 2008 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced that Castlevania Judgment, the first Castlevania title in the fighting game genre, is currently in development exclusively for Wii. Developed by legendary Castlevania series producer Koji "Iga" Igarashi, Castlevania Judgment bridges the past with the present as it pits several generations of the Belmont clan against a host of characters that span the franchise's 22-year history.

"We wanted to take this addition to the signature Konami franchise in a direction that really sets it apart from the previous Castlevania titles in the series," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "The Wii Remote and Nunchuk capabilities, along with the iconic characters, make this game the ideal entry point into the fighting game genre. This combination is certain to thrill old and new fans of the franchise."

With 3D environments rendered on Wii, players can choose sides in an epic battle of good versus evil using iconic Castlevania characters designed by famed manga artist Takeshi Obata. Using the motion-sensing controls of the Nunchuk and Wii Remote, players can slash, stab and whip their way across a variety of stages and environmental elements with various surrounding objects as weapons. Select characters can also set traps and make use of monsters on the field to achieve victory in a clash of epic proportions. As an added bonus, players are also able to compete head-to-head using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and connect with Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on the Nintendo DS to unlock bonus gameplay content.

Castlevania Judgment will be released in North America Fall 2008 on Wii.
My initial reaction was... wtf..who is going to buy this game?

But then I thought about it, it could be cool... Belmonts whipping it out versus Drac, Death, Frankenstein, and company like Darkstalkers. If they give you the option to use classic controls, it could be worth a look.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:45 AM

Not the least bit interested. Waste of time and of a big franchise name if you ask me.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:18 AM

the cynicist in me tells me that this is the decline of castlevania, but I would love to be generally surprised. I love fighting games.