kotor framerate? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-24-2008, 11:34 PM

Default kotor framerate?

For those that played kotor does this game have framerate issues? I got a used copy and i get sound skips and definite framerate drops especially when i talk to ppl, my character will teleport several feet away many times if i run and initiate a convo

So im not sure if its a bad disc or if this game is known for these technical issues

(Playing on a 360)
Old 06-24-2008, 11:42 PM

Hell i dunno. I popped that disc in after i got mass effect just to see how much things have progressed in the last few years and as soon as the game loaded i popped it right back out before i went blind. Wow did it look like a turd. I remember thinking that game was tits when it came out.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:45 PM

...Thats cause it WAS tits when it came out, technology does that

Oh and yeah it had some MAJOR frame rate issues, then again so does Mass Effect... Bioware gives you amazing games, but unsteady frame rates...
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 PM

I think it still looks great for a last console title, one of my favorite games EVER too.

To OP: yes there are framerate issues with KotOR, specifically in instances you explained. I never found it to be that much of an annoyance, but to some it could be.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmadjack View Post
Bioware gives you amazing games, but unsteady frame rates...
Agree 100%
Old 06-24-2008, 11:52 PM

Well the framerates i can live with cuz i got used to it from mass effect but the sound sometimes skipping popping is that normal?

Yea i looove mass effect so i bought kotor and jade empire and gameplay wise they look fun but yea they look horrible haha

I just cant wait for mass 2

Also how is kotor 2?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApBtFusion View Post
Well the framerates i can live with cuz i got used to it from mass effect but the sound sometimes skipping popping is that normal?

Yea i looove mass effect so i bought kotor and jade empire and gameplay wise they look fun but yea they look horrible haha

I just cant wait for mass 2

Also how is kotor 2?
I don't remember any sound popping, haven't played in about a month but none that I remember.

Jade Empire is awesome too, I am thinking about starting another game of that, only beat it 3 times (beat kotor about 7, and have about 10 different characters )

Plus I don't think they look "horrible" persay, I just look at them realizing they are last gen graphics. KotOR 2 is alot of fun too, pretty much a continuation of the first, if you like the first you won't be disappointed.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch2003 View Post
I don't remember any sound popping, haven't played in about a month but none that I remember.

Jade Empire is awesome too, I am thinking about starting another game of that, only beat it 3 times (beat kotor about 7, and have about 10 different characters )

Plus I don't think they look "horrible" persay, I just look at them realizing they are last gen graphics. KotOR 2 is alot of fun too, pretty much a continuation of the first, if you like the first you won't be disappointed.
Whoa, you just played kotor a month ago?? U really like that game haha

I became a bioware fan after mass effect pretty much

Kotor feels just like mass effect except ofc its star wars

Yea i get that speaker popping sound, not sure if its a bad disc or what

I dont even have a manual or a real cover, just a gamestop dvd case and the game disc

Kotor game length is about mass effect's? And jade empire?

Also if u had to choose which is ur fav out of those 3?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:14 AM

KOTOR doesn't work too well on the 360. It gets that odd slowdown here and there that's kind of common on some 360 BC games.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApBtFusion View Post
Also how is kotor 2?
I heard mixed reviews, but i dont think it was made by Bioware.