Madden 09 Xbox 360 HiDefDigest League!!! - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Banned

Exclamation Madden 09 Xbox 360 HiDefDigest League!!!

Ok Here are the Official League Settings that you need to input when you search for a league:

League name: highdefdigest (try it in lower case and if that doesn't work try upper case)
Abbreviation: HDD
Games: 11
Max Users: 32
Quarter Length: 5 Minutes
Game Skill Level: Pro
Fatigue: Yes
Injuries: Yes
Random Weather: Yes

I sent out a PM for the password over XBOX LIVE to everyone who has signed up so far.

This league is only for members of this website. Your join date must be posted before July 2008.

EDIT: I just created a website for this so we don't have an 800 post thread by season's end.

You still need to post your 360 gamertag in this thread at highdefdigest if you want to join the league if you have not done so.

The new website will be used to discuss league rules and other league info/smackdown/football/sports discussion.. Please use all further non gamertag posting on the new site.

Thank you, and looking forward to a great year!

http://hddmadden09league.proboards80.com/

To call your TEAM NAME/CHANGE TEAM NAME you want to play as you need to post here: http://hddmadden09league.proboards80...hread=6&page=1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Improved online leagues: server-based leagues, supporting up to 32 players, with full schedules including the playoffs and the Super Bowl as well as draft and trade support. Schedules can be played in a round-robin style as well.

Quote:
Online leagues can include anywhere from two players to a complete league of 32 participants. You will have the ability to start the season with a fantasy draft (or just play with the default roster), conduct trades with other players, and even play online games at your convenience by way of a flexible schedule system. The flex schedule will let you play regular season games in any order or at any pace you choose. It is EA's hope that this will eliminate the long-standing issue of scheduling online games between gamers with commitments outside of gaming. For instance, one player may notice that his week 8 and week 15 opponents are online and play both games back-to-back. In fact, one player could finish all of his regular season games in a weekend before another player has even played his first. Luckily, leagues aren't stuck with those deadbeat players who never play their games. The league commissioner will be able to expunge such players and even add new players to the league midseason. (It is still unconfirmed whether adding new players in this way dynamically appends every team's schedule to accommodate the new players, but that would appear to be the only way this could work.)

Naturally, stats from every game will be tracked, and participants will be able to check out league leader metrics (though only per-game statistics will have any meaning for the reason mentioned above). That's the good news. However, since this is the first year that EA has officially sanctioned online leagues, there are bound to be some limitations. First, online leagues will be limited to a single season. Clearly this will expand in subsequent renditions of Madden, but the result for this year may be that only fantasy-drafted online leagues will have an element of parity.

In addition, only human-controlled teams are allowed--no CPU teams. This is a slight disappointment, because now 32 people are needed for a realistic experience, but honestly, few online players look forward to playing a computer-controlled opponent anyway. Assuming there are enough hardcore Dolphins fans out there, it shouldn't be an issue to fill every team if that is indeed a deal breaker for you.

The trading system for online leagues will be limited, in that only one-for-one trades will be possible (that is, you will not be able to trade multiple players and receive only one in return). This technical hurdle can be circumvented, assuming both parties make their intentions clear to the rest of the league. For instance, two parties could make a one-for-one deal, and one party could simply release an additional player with the understanding that he would be signed by the other party. A two-for-two deal could be done by simply making two one-for-one deals. Also, as a result of the flex schedule, trade participants must have completed the same number of games. Otherwise, you could have a situation in which someone plays his full season with Randy Moss and then trades him to another player for further use.

Injuries will be removed completely in online leagues. The producers stated that as a result of the flex schedule, injuries would just complicate things unnecessarily. Imagine a player's star running back going down with a two-week injury during a week 15 game. That player may attempt to "duck" a good opponent for a few games and target bottom-feeders until he is back to full strength.

Finally, there will be no divisions, and the playoffs will not share the format used by the NFL. Because of the variable number of teams in each league, Madden 09 will simply put all of the teams in one common pool with the top half of the teams advancing to a single-elimination playoff. Though this may not be the most realistic playoff system, at least there will be no question that the best teams are indeed advancing to the playoffs.

Ok Guys in anticipation of the new Madden 09 for the Xbox 360 that will be released on August 12, I want to start an online league with the members of HighDefDigest.

All you have to do is post your gamertag now and I will create an online league for us and add/send you an invite to our league the day the game comes out.

I think this will work out to be a lot of fun as this year's Madden looks like it will be a good one.

EDIT: I will start the league two weeks after release so people can get a few games under their belt. First day of play will be on August 26.

Oh yea and how could I forget....I will be giving out prizes for the top 3 spots.

So far here's what I HAVE in hand to give out.

If you want to add a prize to the list please post what you would like to add

1st place....(5) One Month Gold Card's (from DTF), (1) Blu-Ray TBA (from DTF), (1) $25 Amazon Gift Certificate (courtesy of James)

2nd place....(2) One Month Gold Card's (from DTF), (1) $25 Amazon Gift Certificate (courtesy of Chris_s)

3rd place.....(1) One Month Gold Card (from DTF)

4th place.....(1) $20 amazon gift card. (courtesy of Das Koopa)

5th place.....(1) $20 amazon gift card. (courtesy of Das Koopa)

6th place.....(1) $20 amazon gift card. (courtesy of Das Koopa)

TBD on what place: (1) $15 Amazon Gift Certificate. (courtesy of ChotaBK)

The more people that join the bigger and better the prizes will be!

If I get at least 24 people in the league that don't drop out by the end I will add a couple of blu-ray disc's in there as well.

Also if other people want to add prizes to the winners pool we could make it top 5 or even top 10 get a prize or something. My ideal goal is for everyone that stays in it untill the end of the regular season (all 16 games without quitting one game) should at least get someting.

This will be a private league only. Only members on this forum will be allowed to join.
Invites along with the password to get in will be sent out to everyone that list their gamertag.
After that the first 32 players to accept will get into the league.
The max amount of players is 32 so I can't go over that.

If your name is not on the following list and you want it to be, you need to post your Gamertag in this thread.

These are the people that invites will be sent out to so far:

1. Drkennyc
2. chotaBK
3. ToiletDucky 911
4. Chowdachad
5. Master X 24
6. Mojo Red
7. salty tarantula
8. cleeveboyFM
9. Johnny Succo
10. KwameKiipatrick
11. Omnicronos78
12. Guitar Hero SG
13. Pineda00
14. Cardpetree
15. RockyZ24
16. Gr8mike01
17. Clear31
18. Ben1080P
19. Itputdalotion0n
20. Packman3000
21. Kurri
22. nyc20012001
23. Detroit Tigers Fan

Hope you guys like!

Last edited by Detroit Tigers Fan; 08-13-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:00 AM

drkennyc

Hawks baby!!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch2003 View Post
drkennyc

Hawks baby!!!!
Thanks for your intersest. Invites will be sent out to everyone that lists their gamertag.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 AM

chotaBK

i will throw in a blu or two for the winner. guess im keeping my blus, heh.

-will there be a ruleset? i HATE playing madden players that throw a bomb on 4th and 5+ in the first quarter, score 0-0.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Former Member

i'll volunteer to be the virtual churro vendor!!! neat idea, DTF. good luck!

and chota, that's part of the game, be it punting or going for it all, there's NOTHING wrong w/ going for it
Old 06-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
i'll volunteer to be the virtual churro vendor!!! neat idea, DTF. good luck!

and chota, that's part of the game, be it punting or going for it all, there's NOTHING wrong w/ going for it
Thanks nate.

Yea the more people that join the bigger and better the prizes will be!

If I get at least 24 people in the league I will add a couple of blu-ray disc's in there as well.

Also if other people want to add prizes to the winners pool we could make it top 5 get a prize or something.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Former Member

hell, if you can get a full 24 members, i'll try to contribute something too.

prefer to reward those who don't drop out of leagues when they lose a game or two.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:56 PM

I assume this is free? I havent done anything xbox 360 yet, but I'll be getting Madden 09. So...I guess I'm in.

ID is ToiletDucky 911

On a different note...how do we divy up the teams? I know some people will go for the obvious strong teams. Given a choice, I want:

Green Bay
Detroit
Vikings
Old 06-23-2008, 12:06 AM

sweet this sounds awesome, gamertag is chowdachad
Old 06-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
I assume this is free? I havent done anything xbox 360 yet, but I'll be getting Madden 09. So...I guess I'm in.

ID is ToiletDucky 911

On a different note...how do we divy up the teams? I know some people will go for the obvious strong teams. Given a choice, I want:

Green Bay
Detroit
Vikings
Don't worry this is free. But if you would like to add anything to the prize pool that would be accepted. The more people that add stuff the bigger and better this will become.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers Fan; 06-23-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Closed Thread