Earning the Big Boss Emblem in MGS4 may be close to impossible! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned

Exclamation Earning the Big Boss Emblem in MGS4 may be close to impossible!

Hey I was browsing some sites and came across the achievement information about the Big Boss Emblem. It sounds nearly impossible.

"Earn the Big Boss emblem on a single-player session by doing the following: instigate no alerts; kill no enemies (not even bosses); do not continue (at all); do not use life recovery items (at all); do not use the stealth suit or bandanna special items (you may possess, but not activate them); and complete the game on Big Boss Extreme difficulty under 5 hours."

If you complete the game with this achievement you get the "Patriot Future Assualt Weapon", which I can only guess is some sort of engrossing super weapon for Snake. Does anyone in the world have this completed?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastGenius View Post
Hey I was browsing some sites and came across the achievement information about the Big Boss Emblem. It sounds nearly impossible.

"Earn the Big Boss emblem on a single-player session by doing the following: instigate no alerts; kill no enemies (not even bosses); do not continue (at all); do not use life recovery items (at all); do not use the stealth suit or bandanna special items (you may possess, but not activate them); and complete the game on Big Boss Extreme difficulty under 5 hours."

If you complete the game with this achievement you get the "Patriot Future Assualt Weapon", which I can only guess is some sort of engrossing super weapon for Snake. Does anyone in the world have this completed?
That would obviously take a tremendous amount of planning and effort to pull off. You'd probably have to write down each exact move on paper...

Not in the cards for me!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:15 PM

How would you get away with not killing bosses?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Former Member

i have no clue, gbeav, that sounds like, impossible for most games.

mod note: moved thread from smackdown to game room, as there is NO smackdown, nor smackdown potential in this thread. please try to put threads in an appropriate area, not just a popular area
Old 06-15-2008, 08:19 PM

I have yet to "fight" a boss...but I'm sure you can m2 their ass.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbeav View Post
How would you get away with not killing bosses?
You can beat them with stun moves, CQC and tranquilizer bullets.

Five hours? No continues? No health items?!?!? NO ALERT MODES?!?!? My only thought is if, the Patriot Future Assualt Weapon is really some incredibly awesome feature. I can't see myself pulling this off, though.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:57 PM

Just curious where you have heard this? I dont think its real.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:13 PM

it is real, the item is the patirot from mgs3 that the boss had, it has the most power of a submachine gun, infinate ammo, never has to be reloaded, and can be also unlocked by a code that has not been realaced yet, to my knowledge, u also get the big boss face camo that makes eniemies run away, crouch and start screaming, makes haven troops faint as soon as they see u (face must be visible)
Old 06-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by de-ragon View Post
it is real, the item is the patirot from mgs3 that the boss had, it has the most power of a submachine gun, infinate ammo, never has to be reloaded, and can be also unlocked by a code that has not been realaced yet, to my knowledge, u also get the big boss face camo that makes eniemies run away, crouch and start screaming, makes haven troops faint as soon as they see u (face must be visible)
Wow thats really cool. Your such a bad ass that the AI becomes terrified of you, LOL!!

I have to recommend that everyone tries beating the bosses using tranquilzers, it gives the combat a fever pitch, and slightly alters the cutscenes, (and gives you a secret statue and camo!).
Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastGenius View Post
Wow thats really cool. Your such a bad ass that the AI becomes terrified of you, LOL!!

I have to recommend that everyone tries beating the bosses using tranquilzers, it gives the combat a fever pitch, and slightly alters the cutscenes, (and gives you a secret statue and camo!).
Do you have to beat both forms of the boss using tranqilizers to get the statue? I took out the second form of Raven using tranqs and received the camo only.