Earning the Big Boss Emblem in MGS4 may be close to impossible! - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,065
Exclamation Earning the Big Boss Emblem in MGS4 may be close to impossible!

Hey I was browsing some sites and came across the achievement information about the Big Boss Emblem. It sounds nearly impossible.

"Earn the Big Boss emblem on a single-player session by doing the following: instigate no alerts; kill no enemies (not even bosses); do not continue (at all); do not use life recovery items (at all); do not use the stealth suit or bandanna special items (you may possess, but not activate them); and complete the game on Big Boss Extreme difficulty under 5 hours."

If you complete the game with this achievement you get the "Patriot Future Assualt Weapon", which I can only guess is some sort of engrossing super weapon for Snake. Does anyone in the world have this completed?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastGenius View Post
Hey I was browsing some sites and came across the achievement information about the Big Boss Emblem. It sounds nearly impossible.

"Earn the Big Boss emblem on a single-player session by doing the following: instigate no alerts; kill no enemies (not even bosses); do not continue (at all); do not use life recovery items (at all); do not use the stealth suit or bandanna special items (you may possess, but not activate them); and complete the game on Big Boss Extreme difficulty under 5 hours."

If you complete the game with this achievement you get the "Patriot Future Assualt Weapon", which I can only guess is some sort of engrossing super weapon for Snake. Does anyone in the world have this completed?
That would obviously take a tremendous amount of planning and effort to pull off. You'd probably have to write down each exact move on paper...

Not in the cards for me!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Gbeav's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,879
Default

How would you get away with not killing bosses?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

i have no clue, gbeav, that sounds like, impossible for most games.

mod note: moved thread from smackdown to game room, as there is NO smackdown, nor smackdown potential in this thread. please try to put threads in an appropriate area, not just a popular area
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-15-2008, 08:19 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,843
Default

I have yet to "fight" a boss...but I'm sure you can m2 their ass.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbeav View Post
How would you get away with not killing bosses?
You can beat them with stun moves, CQC and tranquilizer bullets.

Five hours? No continues? No health items?!?!? NO ALERT MODES?!?!? My only thought is if, the Patriot Future Assualt Weapon is really some incredibly awesome feature. I can't see myself pulling this off, though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 92
Default

Just curious where you have heard this? I dont think its real.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Default

it is real, the item is the patirot from mgs3 that the boss had, it has the most power of a submachine gun, infinate ammo, never has to be reloaded, and can be also unlocked by a code that has not been realaced yet, to my knowledge, u also get the big boss face camo that makes eniemies run away, crouch and start screaming, makes haven troops faint as soon as they see u (face must be visible)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by de-ragon View Post
it is real, the item is the patirot from mgs3 that the boss had, it has the most power of a submachine gun, infinate ammo, never has to be reloaded, and can be also unlocked by a code that has not been realaced yet, to my knowledge, u also get the big boss face camo that makes eniemies run away, crouch and start screaming, makes haven troops faint as soon as they see u (face must be visible)
Wow thats really cool. Your such a bad ass that the AI becomes terrified of you, LOL!!

I have to recommend that everyone tries beating the bosses using tranquilzers, it gives the combat a fever pitch, and slightly alters the cutscenes, (and gives you a secret statue and camo!).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastGenius View Post
Wow thats really cool. Your such a bad ass that the AI becomes terrified of you, LOL!!

I have to recommend that everyone tries beating the bosses using tranquilzers, it gives the combat a fever pitch, and slightly alters the cutscenes, (and gives you a secret statue and camo!).
Do you have to beat both forms of the boss using tranqilizers to get the statue? I took out the second form of Raven using tranqs and received the camo only.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wal-mart trims its 2008 earning forcast melodywhore High Definition Smackdown 25 11-14-2008 04:23 PM
The Perfect Smackdown, Sony's J. Tretton says MGS4 on 360 technically impossible. kyzer1978 Gaming Smackdown 31 07-16-2008 04:31 PM
not a mention of BD in Sony 10-page earning report xboxboi High Definition Smackdown 25 05-18-2008 01:51 PM
A highly interesting interview...from a man that might be earning some of my respect. twonunpackmule Gaming Smackdown 1 03-13-2008 04:31 AM
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Review Master X Game Room 0 11-07-2007 08:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off