Metal Gear Solid 4 discussion/debate thread, *open to spoilers* - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

Default Metal Gear Solid 4 discussion/debate thread, *open to spoilers*

Hey everyone, I wanted to start a thread for people that have completed MGS4 at least once. Its such an amazing game and their are so many scenes and idea and challenges in it, that I thought this would be a cool place to begin a discussion!

Was anyone let down by any single aspect of the game? What was the grandest sequence?

I personally loved the end fist fight with Liquid Ocelot, it was so beautiful to watch!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:21 AM

I just got to Act 3 and saved it there. I'm liking where it is going, and how the fuck does Otacan get all this womanly affection and i cant even get a BJ...fucking A.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeofTheImmortal View Post
I just got to Act 3 and saved it there. I'm liking where it is going, and how the fuck does Otacan get all this womanly affection and i cant even get a BJ...fucking A.
All you have to do is be one of the most powerfull persons in the world. Just that easy.

Motor Cycle scene was amazing. Going back to shadow moses is also amazing.
Im eating crow right now thinking the game was just average earlier. Its pretty damn fantastic. Cant give it a 10/10 but is sure as hell is working its way up to a perfect closure to the series.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:45 AM

So many moments of pure genius in the game. I know this is open to spoilers but the first two responses are by people who are just starting act 4 or earlier heh...so I'm being a little vague with the spoilers.

One moment that just kinda blew me away in retrospect is such a simple concept. The tunnel with the rabid button pressing...at first I thought "this is stupid, why does it just make you press a button like that for so long..."

...until I realized that health was rapidly dwindling, and there's still so much more to go, and I instictively started pressingi harder really nervous about if I was going to make it, and it clicked, that the fear of Snake not going to make it is exactly what the intent was...and it brought the player in on the tension instead of just watchiing it.

The fist fight at the end had a couple of flaws in execution, but wow was that amazingly cinematic and amazing to behold. The Meryl and Sasuke(sp?) part in Act 5 was just so absurdly over the top cheesy...yet the most awesome cheese ever; we all loved it. You-know-who showing up at the end was a huge WTF!? moment after we'd thought all the WTF moments were over with. Was glad for some of the happier aspects to the ending after such an incredibly depressing, heavy game.

The dream sequence for Shadow Moses was pretty powerful too. So many memories brought back as Snake ran around with PS1 graphics...and the merge from the PS1 Snake to Old Snake as he woke up - VERY cool. The whole Shadow Moses part as a whole was a superb nod to MGS1. (And the whole final action sequence including boss fight was a dream ever since seeing Rex in MGS1).
Old 06-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Banned

Its extremely fun to replay. There is alot of extra, secret stuff to discover on replays. You can also mod your play style. First time I played commando style, this time I am doing more stealth with silenced sniping + non-lethal ways to defeat bosses. Its very intruiging how many different ways you can progress through the levels.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:28 AM

I loved the end of act 3. That was the best ctscene in the game. But my favorite act was act 4. If felt so much like the original MGS, and controling the metal gear rex was extremly fun.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Banned

The end of Act 2 stands out to me personally. I like how the soldiers are like zombies climbing on Drebin's APC while you gotta try to knock them off. All the while you have infinite ammo for all guns and a turret while Gekkou's are coming at ya.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:09 AM

Not reading anything here yet, just got a question that's probably not even spoiler material.

I killed Octopus, but the next two B & Bs I tranq'd after the armor was gone and I got a face camo for their faces. Made be sad to kill Octo So was it coincidence or do you get Octo's face if you tranq her too?
Old 06-16-2008, 03:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX View Post
The end of Act 2 stands out to me personally. I like how the soldiers are like zombies climbing on Drebin's APC while you gotta try to knock them off. All the while you have infinite ammo for all guns and a turret while Gekkou's are coming at ya.
Yea that part is pretty cool. But once you get the aiming down its way too easy. . I'm replaying on hard and the Geckos are very easy to take down if you concentrate fire on their dome. Its a sweet bit though, and the part where the geckos are chasing Drebin's APC while others are leaping in the air was a breattaking moment. I also agree that the Raiden vs Geckos Vs Vamp was probably one of the very best cinematics in the game. If you combine the end of Act II cinemas, with the next levels briefing and the next levels opening cinema, you get the pretty much longest cinema sequences in the game (without any play!).
Old 06-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguy View Post
Not reading anything here yet, just got a question that's probably not even spoiler material.

I killed Octopus, but the next two B & Bs I tranq'd after the armor was gone and I got a face camo for their faces. Made be sad to kill Octo So was it coincidence or do you get Octo's face if you tranq her too?
Yea you do get Octo's camo face if you do. Also, for an extra challenge you should try beating the main Beast Boss non-lethally. Once you down the Beast and the Beauty is coming after you, a hidden statue will appear in the boss area. There is five in total in the game, however you can get the first statue apparently, by beating the first Act using only tranq/stun/non-lethal/sleep.