Bioshock crashing on 360... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-12-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Bioshock crashing on 360...

Has anyone else had problems with this?

I hadn't experienced any problems at all, but after I reached Hephaestus (sp?), the game started locking up occasionally. The lock ups only occur when picking up new plasmids/tonics, and not all of the time. It seems sort of random other than the fact that they only occur at a G.Garden or when picking up one of those items in the environment.

After you pick them up, the game always seems to pause for a split second while it brings up that info panel about the plasmid/tonic, and that's where it's freezing. The only exception was the last occurrence about an hour ago, when it froze while I was just browsing the list at a G.Garden. I'm starting to get pretty annoyed.

Has anyone else heard of this problem?

My big fear is that it's my 360 finally giving up its ghost and not a problem with the game itself. I've also gotten a few disc read errors while playing the game, so I'm getting pretty antsy.

Any input greatly appreciated.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Sorry about that IAmSpinalTap, but from what I read around here and other forums those are signs that the red rings of death are coming.

Try to keep your machine in a cool place, let it breathe properly, it may be overheating.

Also, the disc could be dirty, or unseen scratches, you can try returning it and try another copy. I've had that problem with 1 HDDVD, but nothing else
Old 09-12-2007, 04:24 PM

yea, let said, keep your system cool but it does seem like your headed towards the end of your machines life spam.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:30 PM

i'd say exchange the disc. i had a problem with my first copy of mlb 2k7 and after i exchanged it everything was all good again.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
yea, let said, keep your system cool but it does seem like your headed towards the end of your machines life spam.
Ugh. That's what I'm afraid of, but I guess I've had a better run than some people. Thanks for the replies, folks.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Yeah, heads up RROD. Turn it off for a day, and call microsoft during the meantime, and tell them yours broke, go through their bs methods of trying to fix it. Theyll mail you the coffin.

Or if you got the in store warranty.. go swap it out.