anyone gonna buy Rockband? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-18-2007, 10:37 AM

Default anyone gonna buy Rockband?

this is a for sure buy for me, i loved the guitar hero games, but the drums is what sold me for Rockband. Their is one song on GH3 that i wish was on Rockband and that song is "One" by Metallica, flippin awesome song. One other thing i wounder if the drums come apart real easy or fold in or something, because i dont think the old lady is gonna like that drum set in the middle of our din all the time.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:01 PM
HDD Contributor

Count me in. Rock Band is the reason I finally moved up to the new generation of consoles. After getting hooked on Guitar Hero, it was only the announcement of Rock Band that made me think, "Okay, NOW there's a game worth playing on those new machines."
Old 08-18-2007, 02:40 PM

Maybe not sure yet.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:01 PM

I doubt it. Might try and rent it if possible but its not on my list to buy.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Formerly Delta_FX

Nah, I'll be sticking to Guitar Hero III. Not into the whole singing/drum thing.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:26 PM

I sure wouldn't mind but that price is sure intimidating. It's almost as expensive as a Wii or a 360 core, and half as expensive as the premium or a 60gb PS3. It's kinda hard for me to justify the price.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:30 AM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniauric View Post
I sure wouldn't mind but that price is sure intimidating. It's almost as expensive as a Wii or a 360 core, and half as expensive as the premium or a 60gb PS3. It's kinda hard for me to justify the price.
I think this is a very, VERY relevant concern and it's one that Harmonix/Electronic Arts really needs to consider carefully. The price of the "full bundle" if, indeed, it weighs in at the rumored US$200 price tag is pretty daunting. There will be other bundles of guitar/game, drum/game, microphone/game, but the "whole dealio" is gonna' cost a pretty penny. Activision will be using that price point as their bashing tactic at every opportunity and EA/Harmonix NEED to get the word out that that's not the only option.

Having said that, I AM going to splurge for the Big Bundle, but that's because the Guitar Hero series has brought me hours and hours of fun. Harmonix, the original developers of the series have a clear love of music and my loyalty tends to go to the guys that put music first, rather than Neversoft, who I know make great skating games... but are untried in this particular arena. Considering how many hours I know I'll put into the guitar and drums alone, I can easily justify the price. Rock Band will likely keep me away from MANY other games just because I'll always be downloading a new song to try out. But that's me...