Mass Effect 1-2-3 PC texture mod “ALOT” is pretty good even by my own standards - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-16-2018, 07:12 PM

Default Mass Effect 1-2-3 PC texture mod “ALOT” is pretty good even by my own standards

IMO most mods people go crazy over in n4g articles are trash, because they turn your game into a slide show and/or are a pain to use. This is a very good mod, though. It makes much os ME1 looks like ME2, at least the characters; while ME2/3 looks even nicer. It comes with a very powerful installer that helps you get all the texture sets you need that didn’t want to be included in the pack.

I’ve been feeling sad in my life, and ME1-3 sort of feel like “my virtual 2nd home” games, an escape of sorts, so it’s been fun revisiting them with this mod.

Side note, ME3 Citadel DLC is really great and the culmination of that “virtual 2nd home” feeling. Really redeems ME3 from being a too-linear-feeling march to the end of the series. Highly recommend.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
IMO most mods people go crazy over in n4g articles are trash, because they turn your game into a slide show and/or are a pain to use. This is a very good mod, though. It makes much os ME1 looks like ME2, at least the characters; while ME2/3 looks even nicer. It comes with a very powerful installer that helps you get all the texture sets you need that didn’t want to be included in the pack.

I’ve been feeling sad in my life, and ME1-3 sort of feel like “my virtual 2nd home” games, an escape of sorts, so it’s been fun revisiting them with this mod.

Side note, ME3 Citadel DLC is really great and the culmination of that “virtual 2nd home” feeling. Really redeems ME3 from being a too-linear-feeling march to the end of the series. Highly recommend.
I'm sorry to hear that Red, I hope everything is OK
Old 06-16-2018, 11:52 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Did someone hijack RRS account? Post seems unusual and also does not provide a link or description of the mod being discussed.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:24 AM

Errrr... I swear that I am me. Also I don’t think I would typically link to it, since I named it, and it is quite Googlable. Anyway, I’m me. Here are some memes:

...fuck it.

Retry.

System content highlighting.

Darkfailz.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:38 AM

We need a "pretty good even by RRS's standards" mega thread I think.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

So is it named Mass Effect 1-2-3 texture mod?
Or is it Roger's Cool Mass Effect Texture pack mod?
Lol.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
So is it named Mass Effect 1-2-3 texture mod?
Or is it Roger's Cool Mass Effect Texture pack mod?
Lol.
It’s called “ALOT” texture pack. Per title!
Old 06-17-2018, 10:05 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Now that you've used it, can you get a feel for how the mod affects performance?
Old 06-17-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Now that you've used it, can you get a feel for how the mod affects performance?
With my hardware at least (see sig), everything flies at 1080p/60fps with everything turned up. I even used some other mod to increase AA, for which there is no setting in ME1-2 (not sure about 3).

These are pretty old games, so you can pretty much do stuff with impunity.

And while these are very nice textures, it's not like that insane stuff that turns GTA V into a photo-real slide show simulator. It's still just Mass Effect, just way crisper characters.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Watcher of stances

i just want a 'all in one' package for the trilogy including all DLC just like anyone else, under the impression EA liked money