Red Dead Redemption 2 Hype Thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-08-2018, 12:39 PM

Default Red Dead Redemption 2 Hype Thread

Quote:
"America, 1899. The end of the wild west era has begun as lawmen hunt down the last remaining outlaw gangs. Those who will not surrender or succumb are killed. After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him."

So, hyped for this game...

Quote:
Red Dead Redemption 2 pre-orders have gone live, so you can officially hop aboard the hype wagon. We wouldn't be horsing around if we told you that Rockstar's Wild West sequel was one of the most anticipated games of 2018, and with good reason. Along with a lavishly recreated world of prairies, forests and mountains we get to see the Van der Linde gang in action and, just maybe, a GTA Online style mode.

We'll have to wait a little longer to know anything for sure - and E3 next week might reveal more - but Red Dead Redemption 2 will arrive on PS4 and Xbox One on October 26, and until then, here's everything you need to know about this game of the year contender.

John Marston's definitely making an appearance in Red Dead 2

Rockstar hasn't actually said that John Marston is in Red Dead Redemption 2, but in the latest trailer there's no mistaking those scars. Take a look at the screen from the trailer on the left below, and the image of John from Red Dead Redemption on the right. If they're not the same person we'll eat our stetsons

Looks like we'll finally be finding out how John got those scars, although they look like some big old bear's had its paws on him. It even looks like John's wife Abigail Marston is going to make an appearance too. Just take a look at this lady compared to (an older) Abigail from Red Dead 1 and tell us we're wrong.

https://www.gamesradar.com/red-dead-...tion-2-review/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmA6MrX81z4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63h3v9QV7w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaW0tYpxyp0 Can't wait...

Old 10-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Watcher of stances

sorry, James
just noticed this was buried and labeled as 'auto-moderated'

i'm neck deep in AC:O but still getting RDR2 delivered friday.
will be tough to not attempt playing both at the same time.
i have extremely high expectations for this title
Old 03-12-2019, 03:40 PM

Thanks for clearing up the mystery. I was definitely confused as to why my thread disappeared, but I didn't feel the need to create a new thread.

As far as RDR2, the game didn't feel like enough of an improvement over the first game, IMO. I kept having these "been there, done that" moments when playing it. I'll need to go back and give it another shot at some point, but I lost interest. But, maybe I'm just getting too old and hard to please.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:24 PM

TBH, I'm hoping that they'll port RDR and RDR2 to PC at some point. I'll definitely play it then. I do want to play it, just not enough to bother with getting it on console. I played the first one on the XB-360 though.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Watcher of stances

Oddly enough, I just finished RDR2 the other night.

20-80% just felt like a chore most of the time, the first and last 20% of the game are pure magic.
Too many similar missions.