Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-23-2017, 11:27 PM

Default Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC

Just as a public service announcement, in case any of you skipped the DLC (like I did, due to hurt feelings over the original endings, or just because of ME overload), I highly highly recommend it.

I had a smile on my face pretty much the whole time throughout the main mission itself and the hilarious party at the end.

The extras, such as the sweet battle arena, or the optional conversions, or just the ambiance of the new areas of the Citadel to explore -- all quite cool as well.

If you did play it, your thoughts?

IMO one of the finest DLCs I've ever played.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:04 AM

I've still never played ME3. I tried to start it on PS3, but was so disappointing hearing all the negative talk about the game, and not wanting to pay for the DLC that everyone should have just been in the game. I think I might have made it 20 minutes in before quitting.

Part of me feels like I owe it to myself to go back and play it with all the DLC now that they fixed it up the best they could. But giving EA money for that game still feels wrong on some level...
Old 02-24-2017, 09:28 AM

I honestly can't remember if I played the Citadel DLC. Which means I probably didn't.

The game is still good RM. No reason to skip it.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:20 AM

At this point why bother? EA has said a remaster is a possibility and I'd bet if/when it happens, all the dlc will be included. I'll wait for that.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
At this point why bother? EA has said a remaster is a possibility and I'd bet if/when it happens, all the dlc will be included. I'll wait for that.
Mass Effect Remasters Are "Easy Money," But Here's Why EA Won't Make Them

Quote:
"We're a company that is focused on delivering for the future," he told IGN. "I was asked a question once [about remasters and I said] it's just not what we do. We've got incredibly talented dev studios around the world who are focused on delivering new IP, new experiences, [and] more and more live services."

"Can we make an easy buck on remastering Mass Effect? Yes. Have a thousand people asked me that? Yes, they have," he added. "We just feel like we want to go forward. There's a little thing called Mass Effect: Andromeda that we're totally focused on at BioWare and it's gonna be magnificent."

Moore went on to say that "anything that distracts" from Andromeda, including Mass Effect remasters, is not something EA would want to pursue. Also, he suggested EA doesn't have the internal bandwidth to make Mass Effect remasters.

"Do we have teams lying around that are doing nothing right now that [can go and make remasters]? No we don't. We want to focus on the future and delivering new IP and new experiences," he explained. "There's easy money to be made all over this industry. But the real focus should be on being player-first and focused on delivering new IP and new experiences and that's where our real focus is."
Obviously things can change, but I would have thought the value would have been putting out a remastered collection about a year ago. Give people plenty of time to get caught up, or revisit the Mass Effect universe so everyone is primed and ready for Andromeda. Releasing a remastered collection after Andromeda seems like it would only distract from the cycle of what will inevitably be a new trilogy.

Besides, on PC ME3 can be played at QHD or even 4K and 60fps. It's a new enough game that it would probably have no major improvements in art, so there's very little reason for me to wait. I'll see how the reviews turn out for Andromeda before I make the commitment, but I'm thinking I should see the end of that first trilogy before I start a new one.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:50 PM

No time for DLC, too many panty and butt games coming out.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:09 PM

Just out the damn DLC on sale. Full price at this point is horseshit. The DLC cost more than the game on which you need to run it.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:07 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

EA can eat a dick. I've not been impressed with this company since they switched to Origin and no physical copies. This just pushes it one more level.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
I've still never played ME3. I tried to start it on PS3, but was so disappointing hearing all the negative talk about the game, and not wanting to pay for the DLC that everyone should have just been in the game. I think I might have made it 20 minutes in before quitting.

Part of me feels like I owe it to myself to go back and play it with all the DLC now that they fixed it up the best they could. But giving EA money for that game still feels wrong on some level...
Well, Citadel DLC shouldn't have been in the game. It's a big and sort of side thing, even though it's awesome.

The stuff missing from the original game, which is the Extended Cut DLC (which was always free BTW) and From Ashes DLC with the Prothean character (which was an absurd preorder bonus for being such an important part of the game) are both now included in the main game.

I was the one spreading negativity like fucking crazy about ME3 at the time. It was one of the most horrendous experiences of my game life. However, having reevaluated it a few years later with the new endings and everything else, it rules.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:06 PM

I guess this thread was more about those that beat ME3 but not the Citadel DLC.