Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Hit the C ending and then got the other main endings.

Wow, as is standard for a Yoko Taro game, I have no idea of exactly what to make of what I just experienced. It's still the same craziness you got from Drakengard and other the past Nier games, but with that Platinum polish on the combat. I'm still debating just how much I should cheat on the trophies and how much I should get the legit way.
    I totally cheated.. It felt great.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

RedRedSuit is offline Member

I impulse-bought it on PS4 Pro. What a weird, cool game so far (30 min, played with insomnia at 5am). I definitely like the start of it. Doesn't start slow, that's for sure; and it's rather unique already.

30 min passed, and it already has elements of a twin-stick shooter, JRPG, hack-and-slash fighter... AND platformer.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

It's a Yoko Taro game. Do not. EVER. Expect the ordinary. If you'd ever played the Drakengard games on the PS2, or Nier: Replicant/Gestalt on the PS3, you'd know this is only the start of the weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I finished up Horizon: Zero Dawn and now I'm getting into this game. Yeah, the game uses a standard Japanese convention of you having to visit some kind of "save station" in this case, it's a literal station that looks like a vending machine. But yeah... it's a Yoko Taro game. He does some weird stuff like that. You'll be fine as long as you don't die in the Prologue, but if you do... yup. Gotta' start all over again.

That has apparently been enough of a stumbling block for some people that want to play on the Hard difficulty level that they've temporarily shelved the game.
    Well, I died at the giant boss thing 40 minutes into it. Most who haven't played this type of game in a while will too. How is it okay to waste 40 minutes of someone's time like this? I honestly feel like selling this game to someone and never touching it again. This is insulting.

One thing is I'll play it on Easy until I get to a save point. If I still somehow die in that configuration, this game can go fuck itself.

There's no excuse for this shit. People have lives.
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

Haha, well, Easy is definitely Easy. Game plays itself. Got to a save point no problem; then switched to Normal for hopefully rest of game.

Sad I did not get to fight boss no Normal, but I ain't risking another hour of my life.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Do you get punished on the trophy side for playing on Easy during that first hour?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Well, I died at the giant boss thing 40 minutes into it. Most who haven't played this type of game in a while will too. How is it okay to waste 40 minutes of someone's time like this? I honestly feel like selling this game to someone and never touching it again. This is insulting.

One thing is I'll play it on Easy until I get to a save point. If I still somehow die in that configuration, this game can go fuck itself.

I play all my games on the easiest level now.

I just don't have the fucking time like I did years ago. I want to play and enjoy and finish the game.

thejnc is online now Member

Yep. I died twice then switched the difficulty to easy. You can turn off the chips so it doesn't play it for you too.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

thejnc is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Do you get punished on the trophy side for playing on Easy during that first hour?
    Nope. You can buy all the not story mode trophies in game after beating ending C.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    In addition to what jnc said, though I am not a trophy whore, I looked around to see if there's a difficulty related penalty; trophy lists and google suggest no.

BTW on PS4 you can now just un-hide hidden trophies. Noooooice.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    I play all my games on the easiest level now.

I just don't have the fucking time like I did years ago. I want to play and enjoy and finish the game.
    I couldn't do that. Easy is boring in most games.

But to get past unfair bullshit like this? No problem.

Boston007 is offline Member

It is never boring for me.

I HATE when games punish you for playing on Easy by not revealing everything in the story. I am OK with special additional endings(i.e. Legendary Halo, etc.)

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

It helps a lot that the Prologue you play through with no checkpoints was actually also the demo, so I had plenty of practice in getting through it. But yeah... It's Yoko Taro. That's all I can say. He does weird stuff like that. I don't recommend doing it unless you save before hand, but you can get an automatic game over by removing the OS chip in your skill settings. You literally kill yourself.

That's nice and clever. I enjoyed 9S guiding you through boring audio settings; that was funny.

Still no excuse for that bullshit.

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    It is never boring for me.

I HATE when games punish you for playing on Easy by not revealing everything in the story. I am OK with special additional endings(i.e. Legendary Halo, etc.)
    Just steamroll the game on Easy like I did. There's only a couple of parts that put up any form of challenge. Though I do recommend an anti juggle chip for the final (route A-B) boss or you might get fed a random death like me.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast