ME: Andromeda - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-02-2016, 01:42 PM

Default ME: Andromeda

new trailer

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/1/13...meplay-footage
Old 12-02-2016, 03:45 PM

The addition of crafting could be interesting but I just watched the full gameplay trailer and I'm not feelin it. I can't put a finger on the exact words for it, but something about the way the gameplay looked in that trailer makes the game look old already.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:02 PM

Ew, there's girls? What is this? Ghostbusters?

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:34 PM

It's all down to the details, which we won't know until we get it in our hands. Until then, it's a coin-flip.

In general, I'll be happy to play a new Mass Effect game. Hope it turns out good.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
It's all down to the details, which we won't know until we get it in our hands. Until then, it's a coin-flip.

In general, I'll be happy to play a new Mass Effect game. Hope it turns out good.
Just like the original Mass Effect trilogy, you'll get to make many different important decisions which will change the universe forever because, and to run with your coin-flip analogy, when it all comes to an end:

-If it's head's, and you've made several various plot decisions, the ending will have X happen.
-If it's tail's, and you've made several -different- plot decisions, the ending will still have X happen.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Ew, there's girls? What is this? Ghostbusters?
It's got space dragons though.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
It's got space dragons though.
And space dragons is really just code for krogans, and krogans is really just a code reference to blinx's avatar, and so what you really mean is that this game will have blinx or be blinx'd. In either case, that just means bad or broken. I see what you're doing here.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post

Just like the original Mass Effect trilogy, you'll get to make many different important decisions which will change the universe forever because, and to run with your coin-flip analogy, when it all comes to an end:

-If it's head's, and you've made several various plot decisions, the ending will have X happen.
-If it's tail's, and you've made several -different- plot decisions, the ending will still have X happen.
I'm totally fine with that, so long as the A and B endings aren't fucking stupid. But my "coin flip" comment was more about the overall presentation, not the plot.

I didn't play ME3 due to the bad press, then I listened to a spoiler-cast to see if it was worth my time. Once I heard about star kid, I felt justified in skipping it.

ME1 and 2 were amazing though. As a life long Star Trek fan, I felt like they made a game that was tailored to my tastes.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:57 PM
HDD Contributor

It's really too bad BioWare fumbled the plot right at the end. From a design perspective, MEIII really struck a good balance between the RPG mechanics of the first and the shooting of the second. I think they stripped away too much of the RPG-ness in MEII, but they brought it back a bit more for the sequel.

Hopefully they've been playing a lot of Witcher IIII, because after that game, it made pretty much everyone, especially Bethesda, look like amateurs when it comes to how you handle an open world RPG.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
And space dragons is really just code for krogans, and krogans is really just a code reference to blinx's avatar, and so what you really mean is that this game will have blinx or be blinx'd. In either case, that just means bad or broken. I see what you're doing here.
Honestly, Dragon is just Twonun code for penis. He's obsessed with it.