'Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Legacy Edition (PS4)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-04-2016, 01:03 AM
HDD Editor

Default 'Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Legacy Edition (PS4)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Legacy Edition (PS4)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/33657...ition_ps4.html
Old 11-04-2016, 01:53 PM

I feel like the last month was some sort of weird timewarp. Three great single player FPS experiences in such a short time frame makes me incredibly happy.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
I feel like the last month was some sort of weird timewarp. Three great single player FPS experiences in such a short time frame makes me incredibly happy.
Heh. I was about to post the same sentiment.

Titanfall 2
BF1
MW123123

Three unexpected (I know, I know) good campaigns somehow.

I impulse-bought TF2 (PC) and started playing it. Controls are so smooth. The graphics are... pedestrian... but a smoother 60fps I've never seen.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:49 AM

I impulse-bought Modern Ware Remastered to replay that campaign for 1st time since 2007. I think that was stupid.

16GB
Win 7/DX 11

- Vsync on totally kills frame rate, often unplayable. (Should I use the framerate cap tip?) This is even in the training level.

- Vsync off can be fine, although sometimes something happens, and it goes into ultra-low frame rate mode. Of course also it has some tearing with vsync off (hence the point of vsync on... but it's not too bad). Save/Quit + Resume usually makes frame rate fine again.

- I got through ship level mostly fine, but as soon as I was out in the open, sniping (helicopters above, etc.), frame rate went to hell. This seems to be unavoidable -- not just the pathological weirdness described above. Basically at this point feels unoptimized.

- This is with game-recommended settings (F2 in options). It sets most things to highest level, 1080p with no down-sampling. Game looks fantastic if not for the performance problems.

I haven't played a CoD on PC *ever*. What's the best plan here? Wait for some patches and drivers? Refund?

Is this, generally speaking, known to be buggy and broken, or am I special?

Help me out... this is killing me. If it's just a universal thing, and I should wait, I am cool with that.

(TitanFall 2 looks much worse visually but is super super smooth. Rise Of The Tomb Raider runs well. Battlefield 1 even runs well, one bug aside!)
Old 11-08-2016, 05:17 AM

Try disabling "fill memory" in the cache options. You can also try disabling hyperthreading on your CPU. Both seem to improve performance.

If that doesn't fix it, I would refund and try again later.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:52 AM

On the other hand, Infinite Warfare runs like a dream. Go figure.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
I impulse-bought Modern Ware Remastered to replay that campaign for 1st time since 2007. I think that was stupid.

16GB
Win 7/DX 11

- Vsync on totally kills frame rate, often unplayable. (Should I use the framerate cap tip?) This is even in the training level.

- Vsync off can be fine, although sometimes something happens, and it goes into ultra-low frame rate mode. Of course also it has some tearing with vsync off (hence the point of vsync on... but it's not too bad). Save/Quit + Resume usually makes frame rate fine again.

- I got through ship level mostly fine, but as soon as I was out in the open, sniping (helicopters above, etc.), frame rate went to hell. This seems to be unavoidable -- not just the pathological weirdness described above. Basically at this point feels unoptimized.

- This is with game-recommended settings (F2 in options). It sets most things to highest level, 1080p with no down-sampling. Game looks fantastic if not for the performance problems.

I haven't played a CoD on PC *ever*. What's the best plan here? Wait for some patches and drivers? Refund?

Is this, generally speaking, known to be buggy and broken, or am I special?

Help me out... this is killing me. If it's just a universal thing, and I should wait, I am cool with that.

(TitanFall 2 looks much worse visually but is super super smooth. Rise Of The Tomb Raider runs well. Battlefield 1 even runs well, one bug aside!)
I played through MW and while a bit rough, I had fun. (PS4)