'Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour (PS4)' - High-Def Digest Review3D - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-11-2016, 08:52 PM
HDD Editor

Default 'Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour (PS4)' - High-Def Digest Review3D

The 'Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour (PS4)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/39453..._tour_ps4.html
Old 10-11-2016, 09:03 PM

I played this back in the day. I remember enjoying it a fair bit.

That said, 'remastered lighting and a new chapter' doesn't really justify a $22CAN ($20 USD I presume) price point. I'm wishlisting it, and maybe I'll pick it up when it's more like $7.50 CAN.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:13 PM

One of my favorite FPS games of my childhood (wonder why). So down with this, plus my old boss is making levels for it so I have to bite.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:27 AM

I loved making levels for this back in the day. I wonder if I still have my old map files on my computer somewhere.

It was such a fun game. I saw this anniversary rerelease advertised on the Xbox network and thought about grabbing it. I have lots of other games right now and have spent a lot of money lately, so this one will go on the wishlist for now.

I wonder if we'll get 'Shadow Warrior' rereleased, too? I remember that one not being anywhere near as good as Duke, but had some neat features and funny jokes.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Watcher of stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
I loved making levels for this back in the day. I wonder if I still have my old map files on my computer somewhere.

It was such a fun game. I saw this anniversary rerelease advertised on the Xbox network and thought about grabbing it. I have lots of other games right now and have spent a lot of money lately, so this one will go on the wishlist for now.

I wonder if we'll get 'Shadow Warrior' rereleased, too? I remember that one not being anywhere near as good as Duke, but had some neat features and funny jokes.
already was:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225160/
Old 10-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Duke Nukem 20th is a bit pricey IMO. As a base product it's probably a decent price but for someone (like me) that owns all the versions of the previous game, how bout a discount of some sort? The screenshots still look quite pixelated on Steam so what was improved?
Old 10-14-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Duke Nukem 20th is a bit pricey IMO. As a base product it's probably a decent price but for someone (like me) that owns all the versions of the previous game, how bout a discount of some sort? The screenshots still look quite pixelated on Steam so what was improved?
For the most part, the 'lighting mode' was the biggest (graphical) improvement. That, plus a new chapter is the reason to buy in on the 20th Anniversary edition.

It's not really worth a $20 upgrade to me. I'll probably grab it when it's under $10 (and even then, I probably won't get around to playing it anyway...).