'Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-20-2016, 09:09 AM
HDD Editor

Default 'Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/38587..._xbox_one.html
Old 09-20-2016, 02:44 PM

Forza Horizons 2 is probably my favorite racer of all time...I have no reason to believe that this won't top it. Especially if I can get it to run at 60fps on my PC
Old 09-20-2016, 04:46 PM

I'm really looking forward to playing FH3 on the 23rd. I thoroughly enjoyed FH2 and it looks like FH3 will be even better. Also looking forward to playing it in HDR.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:49 AM

I'm really looking forward to this one. I love having a driving game to put for idle moments and had not yet bought one for the current gen. Last gen I had 'Burnout Revenge' (one of my favourite games of all time) as well as 'Project Gotham 4' and 'Midnight Club: Los Angeles'.

'FH3' looks like it will have the most in common with 'Midnight Club: Los Angeles'. The big open world street racing type of play, 'Fast & Furious' style big stunt moments, with lots of downtime to explore. Can't wait to get playing.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:33 PM
HDD Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
I'm really looking forward to this one. I love having a driving game to put for idle moments and had not yet bought one for the current gen. Last gen I had 'Burnout Revenge' (one of my favourite games of all time) as well as 'Project Gotham 4' and 'Midnight Club: Los Angeles'.

'FH3' looks like it will have the most in common with 'Midnight Club: Los Angeles'. The big open world street racing type of play, 'Fast & Furious' style big stunt moments, with lots of downtime to explore. Can't wait to get playing.
I do think the game is purely fun. I've got the PC version going now, and even just driving around checking out the game performance in a random car doing whatever I come across is fun. It also makes me think "maybe I should try drifting with this car on this road, or hey there goes a Bugatti, I'll challenge it" or other such distractions.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:11 PM
Watcher of stances

Brian, are you allowed to discuss your CPU/GPU config and FH3 performance running on that?

i'm curious if my 980ti can push 1440p without having to crank down the sliders
Old 09-22-2016, 03:33 AM
HDD Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
Brian, are you allowed to discuss your CPU/GPU config and FH3 performance running on that?

i'm curious if my 980ti can push 1440p without having to crank down the sliders
Hmm, well the new FH3 drivers are out, and so that might change things. But based off of the old drivers and some brief impressions (I've been traveling this week), I think you would have to turn things down. In the options, there is a specific Dynamic Quality setting that might turn things down for you and thereby let you keep everything on Ultra (ug). Take this with a grain of salt, but I think that even at 1440p, this is a GTX 1080 game (at ultra and at 60fps).

Also, you'll need the recent Win10 anniversary update in order to access the game at all. There isn't a benchmarking tool (I don't think so anyway, will double check), but there is an option flag to show FPS. There's also a nice Exit to Desktop button in the pause menu that works great.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:31 PM

I can't wait to go home and play this! I typically don't buy season passes, as most car packs aren't that appealing to me...I tend to be very interested in some individual cars, but not enough to buy the pass or packs.

I shelled out for the $99 edition because I want to play it early, even if it is only a few days.

This series is pretty much the only game series I'm excited about anymore. Perhaps VR this Christmas will change that.