ME Remasters coming hopefully... - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default ME Remasters coming hopefully...

http://gamerant.com/mass-effect-remaster-308/

I would buy day 1!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-17-2016, 11:21 AM
HuskerGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
One was probably my favorite. Two was just okay and so was three. I'd be tempted to run through them again to see if those opinions change at all.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
One was probably my favorite. Two was just okay and so was three. I'd be tempted to run through them again to see if those opinions change at all.
I feel exactly the same as you. Although 2 improved a lot of the mechanics from 1, but when I first played 1 at that time the game just blew my mind. Don't give a shit if there were limited endings or whatnot, I never enjoyed a game as much as that time I played through it about 5 times
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-17-2016, 12:47 PM
michealo's Avatar
Watcher of stances
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,497
Default

as much as i'm rather burned out on remasters because most of them aren't very good, i'd certainly buy this if all 3 games included all DLC in one package and it wasn't a rush job.

still hits me right in the feels
__________________
why hate? participate!
Elitist Indifference FTW
xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-17-2016, 12:48 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
as much as i'm rather burned out on remasters because most of them aren't very good, i'd certainly buy this if all 3 games included all DLC in one package and it wasn't a rush job.
Almost goes without saying
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-17-2016, 01:20 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,817
Default

Yes. I would probably do this because I've been tempted to replay them. The PC versions are solid...but don't include controller support, nor is there an easy/cheap way to get the DLC. All the DLC is still full price and has only gone on sale once.

If they redid they and bundled it for PC, I would buy it. Controller support would be great, but the DLC is a requirement for purchase.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Yes. I would probably do this because I've been tempted to replay them. The PC versions are solid...but don't include controller support, nor is there an easy/cheap way to get the DLC. All the DLC is still full price and has only gone on sale once.

If they redid they and bundled it for PC, I would buy it. Controller support would be great, but the DLC is a requirement for purchase.
I will not get it unless it has controller support, unless I get the PS4 version but I would lean heavily toward PC is they had controller support
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-17-2016, 02:02 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,817
Default

I want controller support, but I consider DLC much more important. It's stupid expensive.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-17-2016, 04:56 PM
Badger3920's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 23,770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
I feel exactly the same as you. Although 2 improved a lot of the mechanics from 1, but when I first played 1 at that time the game just blew my mind. Don't give a shit if there were limited endings or whatnot, I never enjoyed a game as much as that time I played through it about 5 times
I played ME1 for the first time in ~2011/2012 and remember thinking that, although I didnt play ME1 at release for a comparison basis, the game must not have aged well. It felt like a game full of hallways packed full of containers with baddies behind them, for hours, that you went through only to sorta move along a thin story (and if you didn't LOVE the story, or have some sort of scifi nostalgia from your childhood fueling your interest, you got bored quickly and often). ME2 was a little better, and had certainly aged much better. I remember more about ME2 than I do about ME3, so I guess ME2 is my pick of the series.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
I played ME1 for the first time in ~2011/2012 and remember thinking that, although I didnt play ME1 at release for a comparison basis, the game must not have aged well. It felt like a game full of hallways packed full of containers with baddies behind them, for hours, that you went through only to sorta move along a thin story (and if you didn't LOVE the story, or have some sort of scifi nostalgia from your childhood fueling your interest, you got bored quickly and often). ME2 was a little better, and had certainly aged much better. I remember more about ME2 than I do about ME3, so I guess ME2 is my pick of the series.
What I really loved about ME1 was the sense of exploration. I never felt that from any other game I ever played. Flying into a planet, taking the Mako and driving around and finding a red marker on my radar to go investigate. Yes the locations had the same rooms but the sense of exploration was amazing for me. ME2 tried to change that with the stupid planet scanning, which I think took way from the exploration that ME1 had.

For all of ME1's shortcomings, it didn't detract for me really enjoying the game and to this day it's my favorite game of last generation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DF Hands-on with The Nathan Drake Collection. How remasters SHOULD be done. ;) Indy_aka_Rex Gaming Smackdown 112 10-12-2015 10:03 PM
Double Dip Remasters, or Wait for 4k? NJScorpio Blu-ray Software General Discussion 12 01-17-2014 12:10 PM
Rambo movie remasters JSmith Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 09-04-2009 07:54 AM
Hopefully The Matrix Trilogy is worth it tibbydriver HD DVD Software General Discussion 17 06-24-2007 01:26 AM
Hopefully, not another CES 2007 cloudy HD DVD Software General Discussion 0 06-23-2007 07:57 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off