There goes your sunlight...Civ VI is announced. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-11-2016, 01:09 PM

Default There goes your sunlight...Civ VI is announced.

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOJM1cksgqk&feature=youtu.be Not a ton of information yet. What they've said so far is that cities will take up more space as they expand. They won't simply be a single tile anymore. Where you place them is more important as well.

Cities will have districts where specific buildings live. Like a campus district will have science buildings. You can't build buildings until you have the proper district for it.

Location also matters for research. Putting a city near water could give you a bonus to water based techs.

The AI for leaders change over the course of the game, depending on how you interact with them.

You can also combine units again. It doesn't sound like you can make stacks of death, but you could combine a Settler and a Warrior. for example.

The game retains the hex base of Civ V

It's using a new engine.

The lead designer of the game was lead designer on Civ V's expansions.
One of my favorite experiences in gaming was with Civ V; where I got to "win" the game by sending Ethiopia to the moon. It was a mixture of laughter and tears. Tears, because I soon realized after I had blasted them off to the moon, my clock read 10:00pm. I was suppose to go to the bank that day. I did not. Instead, I managed to play Civ V for 10 hours straight.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:36 PM

Im excited to see more. Really glad to see they moved back away from the sci fi stuff.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:32 PM

Not sure what sunlight is. Is that the blinding sensation when I mow the lawn?
Old 05-11-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Im excited to see more. Really glad to see they moved back away from the sci fi stuff.
I think the idea was to rotate Civ and BE but I get the impression that BE didn't exactly light the charts on fire so I wonder if we'll even see a sequel.