'Battleborn (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-06-2016, 01:13 PM
HDD Editor

Default 'Battleborn (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Battleborn (Xbox One)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/32751..._xbox_one.html
Old 05-06-2016, 01:36 PM

Staying far away from this one and its counterpart, Overwatch.....played some of the Overwatch Beta last night and I found it to be extremely devoid of anything worthwhile, the gameplay just wasnt up to snuff like Destiny or The Division, things felt floaty, there was no aiming down the sights and certain characters could just destroy about anyone else even the big hefty tanks, this sounds a bit more MOBA than Overwatch but both face a good amount of competition already in Destiny and The Division, both of which have way more content to start with, these you pretty much jump in and in a good day of playing will have seen all the game has to offer, except those extra special cosmetic unlocks for whatever character you like to use, showing everyone else that you play the game more than they do

If Evolve is any indicator, these games wont do that well, Battlefront only did well because its Star Wars and I've already quit playing that one, got old pretty fast, Destiny kept me playing and coming back with its expansions and The Division I'm still playing as I like its gameplay and tactics the best out of any others I've played like it....I'm just not sure the audience on consoles for these, they cost a pretty penny for what you get (also why Titanfall kind of failed too) and console players arent used to anything MOBA mixed with their FPS games, the games I played in Overwatch had no one making a good team or figuring out what really to do, it was team deathmatch pretty much even though that isnt a game type
Old 05-06-2016, 03:12 PM

I tend to stay away from MP games, they're too reliant on the community to be great. Doesn't help that I find this type of kid friendly visuals to be incredibly generic looking.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:22 AM

Sounds like this game has some serious balance issues. I suspect we'll see a lot of evolution via patches, unless Gearbox just cuts their losses and jumps to Borderlands 3 right away.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Staying far away from this one and its counterpart, Overwatch.....played some of the Overwatch Beta last night and I found it to be extremely devoid of anything worthwhile, the gameplay just wasnt up to snuff like Destiny or The Division, things felt floaty, there was no aiming down the sights and certain characters could just destroy about anyone else even the big hefty tanks, this sounds a bit more MOBA than Overwatch but both face a good amount of competition already in Destiny and The Division, both of which have way more content to start with, these you pretty much jump in and in a good day of playing will have seen all the game has to offer, except those extra special cosmetic unlocks for whatever character you like to use, showing everyone else that you play the game more than they do

If Evolve is any indicator, these games wont do that well, Battlefront only did well because its Star Wars and I've already quit playing that one, got old pretty fast, Destiny kept me playing and coming back with its expansions and The Division I'm still playing as I like its gameplay and tactics the best out of any others I've played like it....I'm just not sure the audience on consoles for these, they cost a pretty penny for what you get (also why Titanfall kind of failed too) and console players arent used to anything MOBA mixed with their FPS games, the games I played in Overwatch had no one making a good team or figuring out what really to do, it was team deathmatch pretty much even though that isnt a game type
I don't think it's fair to really compare this game or Overwatch to something like Destiny or The Division. Completely different ideas. Battleborn is mostly a MOBA, with additional content sprinkled in. Overwatch is like the next evolution of Team Fortress. Something that relies heavily on teams and community. Destiny and The Division are like FPS MMO-lites. They are trying to convey a "evolving world" with events and loot systems. While also trying to tell a story through it.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.