PSA For Rock Band 4 PS4 Owners: LEGO RB Export Is Up - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-27-2016, 10:12 PM
HDD Contributor

Default PSA For Rock Band 4 PS4 Owners: LEGO RB Export Is Up

It's over on the official forums here:

SOURCE

Quote:
It is with great enthusiasm that I literally just ran around the office to CONFIRM that the Lego Rock Band Export Pack is now visible, searchable, AND downloadable to your Rock Band 4 game for Sony America users!!

It is available to "redeem" for entitled users. Head over to this link and "Add to Cart". From there, be sure to fully complete the Checkout process, confirming that you have redeemed this pack to your account. From there, the content should read "Download to your PS4".

The pack is visible and searchable through the PlayStation Network Store as well. You can take the same steps as above to "redeem" the pack (Add to Cart, Checkout, should then say "Download"). Once you've hit "Download" through your PS4 console, the songs within the export pack will start appearing in your downloads list, and complete the installation process to your console. Then you can boot up Rock Band 4 and see those tracks in your Music Library.

ONE NOTE about the pack: It is currently not available through the in-game store because we have not synced it quite yet. This should be done by tomorrow, so the same flow as above can apply to the in-game store starting tomorrow.
I've already downloaded it. Good to have Bowie's "Let's Dance" and Queen's "We Are The Champions" back in the library.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 PM

But you had to have exported it to 3 already, yes? I can't just go get a copy tomorrow and do this?
Old 04-28-2016, 02:01 AM
HDD Contributor

Yeah, pretty sure it only applies to people that already imported it previously into RB3. Both RB1 and RB2 also seem to apply in that regard.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Yeah, pretty sure it only applies to people that already imported it previously into RB3. Both RB1 and RB2 also seem to apply in that regard.
One of the reasons I havent bitten on the new rockband is the hassle that the transfers seem to be. What exactly is the process for someone like us who has a million dlc tracks as well as every disc dlc (like metal pack 1 etc) that was ever released.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:11 PM

To all you RB4 bitches, if you just want the game and guitar, it's part of Best Buy's deal of the day for $60. $48 if you have GCU.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rock-ban...&skuId=9399115
Old 04-28-2016, 12:31 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
One of the reasons I havent bitten on the new rockband is the hassle that the transfers seem to be. What exactly is the process for someone like us who has a million dlc tracks as well as every disc dlc (like metal pack 1 etc) that was ever released.
It is a major pain in the ass on the PS4, unfortunately. LEGO Rock Band was the ONLY export pack so far that's had the feature where you download the export pack and it simply collects all songs and auto-downloads and installs. For RB3 and RB1, you had to download every song individually. Same goes for DLC songs.

The bizarre part is that not all the songs are downloadable, and not because of licensing issues. Like I bought the Depeche Mode pack God knows when, and even though I can see it on the PSN store, I get an error when I try to download it. Only a tiny few songs are borked like this though, the rest are fine.

But yeah, downloading the songs is painful if you try to do it all in one go.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:49 AM
HDD Contributor

For people that have it, the PS4 problems with the Rock Band 2 export finally cleared up, so all those tracks are available in the game.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:24 PM

I am still upset I bought Lego Rock Band after the export expired.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 05-18-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
I am still upset I bought Lego Rock Band after the export expired.
It expired? That's lame.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
It expired? That's lame.
Cost to relicense them was probably far too expensive given 95% of the population willing to play already exported.

Of the actual disc games, I want to say only Rock Band 3 is exportable.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club