'Aliens vs Pinball (PS4)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-23-2016, 01:16 PM
HDD Editor

Default 'Aliens vs Pinball (PS4)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Aliens vs Pinball (PS4)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/33079...nball_ps4.html
Old 04-25-2016, 01:31 PM

Sounds good. I like pinball, I like the Alien, and I think the Alien look works with the pinball game. I'll get this.

I've never seen any of the 'Alien vs Predator' movies.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
Sounds good. I like pinball, I like the Alien, and I think the Alien look works with the pinball game. I'll get this.

I've never seen any of the 'Alien vs Predator' movies.
The Alien video game will scare this out of you.

AvP I really liked actually. AvP Requiem I hated.

Definitely rent them
Old 04-25-2016, 02:07 PM

If by "The Alien video game" you mean 'Alien: Isolation', yes, I got it a few months ago and it's really intense. Great game.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:12 PM

I really wished they could release AVP 2 on Steam. The Monolith sequel was really well done, IMHO. I think rights issues prevent it's digital release. I guess it's the same shit that is holding back NOLF 1 & 2.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
If by "The Alien video game" you mean 'Alien: Isolation', yes, I got it a few months ago and it's really intense. Great game.
Yes that's what I meant
Old 04-25-2016, 04:23 PM
HDD Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
The Alien video game will scare this out of you.

AvP I really liked actually. AvP Requiem I hated.

Definitely rent them
'AvP Requiem' is direct to video bad. Kind of like that 'Nightmare on Elm Street' remake. (Both of which I've seen just once, in theaters.)

And yet, I do like this associated video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgXd6Npj4ZY
Old 04-28-2016, 07:58 AM

I did buy this. I didn't realize you had to get their (free) pinball interface program, which is good because it houses all these pinball machines in one program instead of them showing up as separate games in my main game library. It came with one fairy tale machine and I downloaded a 'Ninja Gaiden'/'DOA' table, too.

So far, I like the 'Isolation' table the best of the three Alien ones.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hoss View Post
'AvP Requiem' is direct to video bad. Kind of like that 'Nightmare on Elm Street' remake. (Both of which I've seen just once, in theaters.)

And yet, I do like this associated video:
It is direct to video bad. I really enjoyed the AvP first movie. I enjoye dit so much I bought the blu ray and watch it every now and then. Fun movie and the Predators really kick ass in it, which is what all Predator movies should show.

Quote:
I did buy this. I didn't realize you had to get their (free) pinball interface program, which is good because it houses all these pinball machines in one program instead of them showing up as separate games in my main game library. It came with one fairy tale machine and I downloaded a 'Ninja Gaiden'/'DOA' table, too.

So far, I like the 'Isolation' table the best of the three Alien ones.
How much? I may may need to jump on the pinball bandwagon.

The problem with pinball video games is the screen is wide when it should be vertical
Old 04-28-2016, 09:03 AM

I think it was $10 for all three Alien machines and then $3 for the DOA one. Pretty cheap, IMO. I think there were other even cheaper bundles of 'Star Wars' themed ones and generic ones and the such.

The main program is called 'Pinball FX2'. Download that for free and it works both as a game interface and a store. It comes with one free table, so you can try it and see if you like it.

I was thinking the same thing about the dimensions of television screens being the opposite of pinball tables. But it didn't really bother me while I was playing. The table is presented on from an angle similar to how you'd stand at the machine in real life and not a bird's eye view.