Sniper Elite 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-17-2016, 09:42 AM

Default Sniper Elite 4

Been a big fan of the Sniper Elite games from Rebellion.
Sniper Elite 3 was great although did have quite a few issues with some glitches and frame tears. It was a cross gen title though, appearing on the 360/ps3 and One/PS4. It appears this one is "next gen only" however which is nice.

It looks like from the preview they have kept the same basic game style as far as shooting from the previous games but have now added a more "Assassin's Creed" style of movement to the game which is fantastic. I always felt the actions you could perform were somewhat wooden so this one seems like it's opening up the stealth aspect even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6LaD4135fw&feature=youtu.be
Old 03-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Sniper Elite 3 and this one will be available for PC as well. Do you by chance work for Best Buy? They often omit that small detail when they advertise a game.
Graphically did not see much improvement over 3 but it still was a fun game.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Sniper Elite 3 and this one will be available for PC as well. Do you by chance work for Best Buy? They often omit that small detail when they advertise a game.
Graphically did not see much improvement over 3 but it still was a fun game.
lol, no. I don't work for any retailer. I just happen to really like the series and hope they keep on making more.
Graphically it does look a lot like 3 but performance seemed smoother, but that can be hard to tell from just the alpha video.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:16 PM

SE3 has been my first experience with the series. Either it's hard, or I just suck. I'm kind of stuck a few missions in. Game seems fantastic though. I'll probably buy 4 just to support them.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:26 PM

CD is a Rebellion fanboy.

Looks cool, I keep forgetting about this and Zombie Trilogy.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
SE3 has been my first experience with the series. Either it's hard, or I just suck. I'm kind of stuck a few missions in. Game seems fantastic though. I'll probably buy 4 just to support them.
The game can be hard because much of the mechanic is about patience and being silent. There are multiple ways of playing but the "easiest" is to take your time and pick the enemy off silently. This involves scouting out the locations first, detecting enemy movement patterns, creating distractions, etc. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
CD is a Rebellion fanboy.

Looks cool, I keep forgetting about this and Zombie Trilogy.
That's probably true at least for this series. I like the improvements we have seen from them from game to game and I also liked Zombie Army Trilogy.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:06 PM

Yeah, I got that rhythm down pretty good, but it fell apart when I got to the 4th mission. They want me to take out these three spot lights, but there's a ton of dudes around. All the approaches I've taken have led to guards catching on to me and I get swarmed. I just need to spend more time poking at it.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
Yeah, I got that rhythm down pretty good, but it fell apart when I got to the 4th mission. They want me to take out these three spot lights, but there's a ton of dudes around. All the approaches I've taken have led to guards catching on to me and I get swarmed. I just need to spend more time poking at it.
Yeah, I remember that mission.

I found that once you clear the initial area, you can take the spotlights out from a distance. A lot of it involves firing and then running for cover. They will of course swarm like bees, but if you can fire, and then get behind cover a small/medium distance away, they will check out your prior location, swarm around for a bit, and then move back to their original positions.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:06 PM

Sniper Elite 2 on PS3 was great, and so was SE3 on PS4. So much so that I ended up buying it twice... Still need to get the Zombie Army game though.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:41 PM

I was crashed to find you can't save mid-mission in Zombie Army Trillogy. I rarely have 2-3 straight hours to sit through one mission playing solo. I don't understand their logic on that one. :frown: