New Mass Effect, Battlefield, Titanfall by April 2017 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-29-2016, 11:05 AM

Default New Mass Effect, Battlefield, Titanfall by April 2017

http://www.pcgamer.com/new-mass-effe...by-april-2017/

BF by Xmas, Mass Effect Q1 2017.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:20 PM
HDD Contributor

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought that Mass Effect was slated for release towards the end of this year. Bummer. Oh well, if it launches in Q1 2017, it's unlikely to have much in the way of competition.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I don't know why, but for some reason I thought that Mass Effect was slated for release towards the end of this year. Bummer. Oh well, if it launches in Q1 2017, it's unlikely to have much in the way of competition.
Companies seem to be jamming more and more games into first quarters these days.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:47 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
Companies seem to be jamming more and more games into first quarters these days.
I wish there would be more Q2 and Q3 releases as well. I still don't think this whole "People don't play games in the summer, that's when they watch movies and go on vacation" rationale of the games industry may no longer be true.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I wish there would be more Q2 and Q3 releases as well. I still don't think this whole "People don't play games in the summer, that's when they watch movies and go on vacation" rationale of the games industry may no longer be true.
I totally agree, but it is a good time to go back and pick up anything you missed when it's on sale. It's only a problem if you're a weirdo who plays and finishes everything when it comes out.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
I totally agree, but it is a good time to go back and pick up anything you missed when it's on sale. It's only a problem if you're a weirdo who plays and finishes everything when it comes out.
It's more of the excitement of playing games you're excited for when they come out.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:25 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
I completely get you, I know I'm still feeling guilty about not finishing up my platinum-run on FFX for the PS4, even though I reeeeeeally want to buy Yakuza 5 and start on that. But I suppose that for me, like with Weasl, there's a bit of a "hype component" involved. It's nice to have something to look forward to at regular periods during the course of the year, as opposed to, "Well, everything came out in November, so there's nothing cool until... next November."

Companies have been getting better at this, especially with February/March releases, but there's still something quite impressive to me about the way Rockstar just throws a GTA game out there in April or May, and they know people won't say, "Nah, I'm really looking forward to watching that Avengers movie, so I'll pass on a new GTA game."
Old 01-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Watcher of stances

Hopefully co-op returns again with ME4