Crowfall breaks $6M in funding, starts new test session - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-02-2015, 02:27 PM

Default Crowfall breaks $6M in funding, starts new test session

A brief intro: Crowfall is incoming medieval fantasy MMORPG, described as "Game of Thrones meets Eve online" (by developers) or, say, "Your Star Wars Galaxies crafting in my Shadowbane" (by fans). You can find much more details and images, say, in IGN's Crowfall Wiki.

Besides USA east & west coast, they already have working test servers in EU, Singapore and Australia (!), as mentioned in yesterday's MMORPG.com column. This is very important detail for anybody interested in latency and PvP, which is Crowfall's core feature.

Pre-Alpha tests started just recently (the game was kickstarted in March this year), and at this point it still looks rather like some kind of buggy MOBA than large scale game with sieges, alliances, politics and all that stuff. Anyway, here is some test footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEbXbj87eQ0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwhxA-RDNR8 Also, the game is very close to breaking 100 000 (that's five zeros) registered supporters.

PS feel free to ask anything, good or bad - I'll be checking this for questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Crowfall breaks M in funding, starts new test session-onrpg.com-sig-1.png  
Old 12-13-2015, 07:15 AM

The game was voted for "The most anticipated MMO" on MMORPG.com, skills and skill trees are revealed (roughly, progression will be similar to Eve Online's), ArtCraft Entertainment just announced destruction, sieges and captures as the core of next (February) wave of tests and for anybody interested - here is 20 min of game development behind the scenes.

PS Also, here is some bit more recent (than the OP ones) test footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxLbU9AOHZM
Old 12-13-2015, 02:28 PM

Old 12-14-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
O, hi Mr. Badger! Can it be coincidence that I created and named my last emoticon "Honey badger observes dead fetus", only a couple days ago? (っ ºДº)っ (✖╭╮✖)

Is this universe trying to tell us something?
Old 11-05-2017, 07:57 PM

Wasn't sure if creating a new thread was a better idea than a massive necro...

The game is still in development (yea... after all this time lol, it's a KS MMO so it takes a while o.o)

They've made some interesting changes since then, like unlocking the gender/classes/races so instead of the predefined archetypes, players can customize their character (i.e. like most traditional MMO games out there).

I apparently can't post a link to Youtube, but there's a cool video out there showing some graphics improvements, it's named "Crowfall – “Massive Reveal”, Part 2: Graphics Overhaul".