'Just Cause 3 (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-30-2015, 09:27 PM
HDD Editor

Default 'Just Cause 3 (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Just Cause 3 (Xbox One)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/18203..._xbox_one.html
Old 12-03-2015, 10:01 AM

Dark Souls 3 Bonfire easter egg!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1CROmCzSTs
Old 09-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Watcher of stances

i'm very late to this game and the only thread i could find.

i'm struggling to enjoy JC3, even though i rather liked JC2.
JC is just so old for a valid comparison.

Perhaps i shouldn't have played it right after putting lots of time into Ghost Recon:Wildlands.
Sure, GR:W isn't the pinnacle of open (third) world 'cartel assault' shooters but it wasn't terrible at things we take for granted like driving. it's fucking awful in JC3. the dead zone is too large so steering is a constant battle. vehicle physics just don't have enough weight.

graphics are pretty good although i read there's been numerous patches.
all the environments look the same so far, hoping this changes on different islands.
GR:W excelled as this, every region of the map was a different climate.
music is crap, all of it.

glad that rico is a bit more seasoned and gruff this time, less stereotype and flair.
i'll likely finish the story and that's it before moving on the rest of my backlog
Old 10-14-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
i'm very late to this game and the only thread i could find.

i'm struggling to enjoy JC3, even though i rather liked JC2.
JC is just so old for a valid comparison.

Perhaps i shouldn't have played it right after putting lots of time into Ghost Recon:Wildlands.
Sure, GR:W isn't the pinnacle of open (third) world 'cartel assault' shooters but it wasn't terrible at things we take for granted like driving. it's fucking awful in JC3. the dead zone is too large so steering is a constant battle. vehicle physics just don't have enough weight.

graphics are pretty good although i read there's been numerous patches.
all the environments look the same so far, hoping this changes on different islands.
GR:W excelled as this, every region of the map was a different climate.
music is crap, all of it.

glad that rico is a bit more seasoned and gruff this time, less stereotype and flair.
i'll likely finish the story and that's it before moving on the rest of my backlog
JC 3 was awesome! I didn't drive the vehicles much as I found it was quicker to get around using the grapple and parachute.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:15 PM
HDD Contributor

I liked Just Cause 3, but I admit, I didn't love it as much as JC2, though that was more because of the setting than any actual gameplay. Having spent many years living Southeast Asia, the setting of JC2 was hilariously familiar to me, right down to the accents, so I actually just liked running around pretending I was blowing up huge holes in Malaysia and Indonesia.

I think from a gameplay perspective JC3 was the better game, with lots of quality-of-life improvements that made it more convenient. But I loved the setting of JC2 and that edges it out slightly for me.