'Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 AM
HDD Editor

Default 'Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox One)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/21997..._xbox_one.html
Old 11-02-2015, 10:32 PM

Phenomenal game. Best yet.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:44 PM

I find the gameplay of the first video (the only one I went through) quite unconvincing immersionWise, thou it should be said that I am not exactly a single player guy - IIRC my last single player title was Starcraft, back in 2004.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:45 PM
Watcher of stances

finally finished campaign, will likely clean up rest of icons on map before trying Jack the Ripper DLC.

really enjoyed this title, better than unity and almost as good as Black Flag.
loved the option of playing as either character but mostly took evie because she carried more knives.
the zip line was a great addition for vertical maneuvers and moving across streets, hopefully it makes a comeback.

engine ran great on my 980ti, i'm likely done with this franchise on consoles.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:49 AM
HDD Editor

The 'Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Jack the Ripper (Xbox One)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/29608..._xbox_one.html
Old 01-21-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
finally finished campaign, will likely clean up rest of icons on map before trying Jack the Ripper DLC.

really enjoyed this title, better than unity and almost as good as Black Flag.
loved the option of playing as either character but mostly took evie because she carried more knives.
the zip line was a great addition for vertical maneuvers and moving across streets, hopefully it makes a comeback.
The grappling hook/zip line is an excellent addition to Assassin's Creed. It's so obvious it makes you think how come it was not there before.

Quote:
engine ran great on my 980ti, i'm likely done with this franchise on consoles.
The game is beautiful and runs fine on the PS4 (by my console peasant standards at least).
Old 01-17-2017, 02:59 PM

I'm halfway into it.

It's... OK.

It has that usual frustrating thing where you marvel at the size of the world and some of the mechanics (yes, the zip line is sweet, though Just Cause 2/3 does it even better with the grappling hook), but it all doesn't come together in very good missions. That mission rating feature really makes me think how rare it is that I'd give a mission a good rating of 4 (let alone 5) stars.

So it's the usual pleasant traipse through a new city, but I'm not seeing anything pulse-pounding here. Also I haven't seen any "tomb" type areas which is sad.

They patched it for Pro. Looks great. Actually this is my first Ass Creed on PlayStation. It's been all 360 for II, Brotherhood, Revelations, III and PC for IV.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:22 PM

Not in any hurry to play this one then. I'll focus on the PS4 exclusives, then go dive into Divinity before getting around to it.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:44 AM

This game has its moments, but it's too long. Too much filler. Of course most of it is optional, but how can I tell ahead of time this Dickens side mission won't be awesome?

Other random criticisms:

- Where are the platforming tombs? Those were fun, and you got to explore famous buildings! Odd thing to drop.

- What happened to chasing down targets on rooftops to assassinate with hidden blade? Another fun thing that never got old!

On the other hand this is one of the most polished AC games in terms of combat and platform and stealth mechanics. Sometimes it breaks down, but generally it's a fairly intuitive game to play with many options.

I really hope that 2 year gap pays off for the next one. There are many missions here where it feels like they are using placeholders, like named characters looking like random gang members. I think a side mission "Sage" character was like that which is sad.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:43 AM

I can't remember "tombs" in AC: Black Flag either. I haven't played Unity but I think they dropped them a while back - and I agree that they were great and I miss them.

London would have been a perfect setting for these.