Star Wars Battlefront has no server browser - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-03-2015, 05:34 AM

Default Star Wars Battlefront has no server browser

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-bat...erver-browser/

Quote:
Star Wars Battlefront will not have a server browser. EA community manager Sledgehammer 70 posted the news on the Star Wars Battlefront subreddit, saying that Battlefront will "utilize a new skill based matchmaking system" instead.

Quote:
The thread is full of disappointed players. The Battlefield games, and most shooters worth their salt, give players the option to join servers of their choosing. Server browsers give you greater control over the maps and modes you want to play, and can offer communities stable spots where they can meet and compete. The alternative, matchmaking, is a good way to quickly jump into a game, but is less likely to foster a community that will stick around on PC.

Yeah...not really going to fly on the PC. I can see this game dying quickly on that platform.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:09 AM

Looks like it's headed for quick bargain bin sales like TitanFall. Meh.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:47 PM

I hate Matchmaking so much. I hate it. I never understood how people liked it. To me, it took out the community aspect of gaming. I liked finding a good server and gaming with the same people all the time. I don't like messaging them and having to join parties. I hate it.

Matchmaking forced me out of Online MP on the consoles.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I hate Matchmaking so much. I hate it. I never understood how people liked it. To me, it took out the community aspect of gaming. I liked finding a good server and gaming with the same people all the time. I don't like messaging them and having to join parties. I hate it.

Matchmaking forced me out of Online MP on the consoles.
Its not that they like it. Its that an entire generation (x2) of gamers grew up not knowing anything else existed.