'Rare Replay (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-07-2015, 11:15 PM
HDD Editor

Default 'Rare Replay (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Rare Replay' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/22993..._xbox_one.html
Old 08-10-2015, 09:34 PM

5 star compilation. This review is fairly depressing. For me personally the Grabbed by the Ghoulies upgrade to 1080p 60fps alone is worth $30.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:39 AM
HDD Editor

Aside from some beloved classics (mainly from the N64 and 8-bit eras), I love doing the challenges. The compilation has crashed on me a few times, but always when a game or a challenge was loading (as opposed to during play). Other wise it has behaved well. Close to a must-own in my eyes for the price. On the downside, I never thought I would own a copy of 'Kameo' or 'Perfect Dark Zero.' (Would much rather have 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' or some of the missing Nintendo titles.)
Old 08-11-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hoss View Post
Aside from some beloved classics (mainly from the N64 and 8-bit eras), I love doing the challenges. The compilation has crashed on me a few times, but always when a game or a challenge was loading (as opposed to during play). Other wise it has behaved well. Close to a must-own in my eyes for the price. On the downside, I never thought I would own a copy of 'Kameo' or 'Perfect Dark Zero.' (Would much rather have 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' or some of the missing Nintendo titles.)
Same thing here. I've been playing the snapshots lately and I've had a few crashes when it finishes. Luckily, when I re-start, it did record that I finished that challenge and gave me the stamp.

Most of the older games are pretty blah, but the challenges do make them fun and worth at least trying just for the stamps.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:28 PM

It's always interesting to see what games lead to where different gamers are today. Seems like most of the Xbox gamers evolved from playing SNES and N64 games and know the games in this collection while I've played 2 of them (Battletoads and Grabbed By the Ghoulies) at friends houses.

Sign me up when someone starts pumping out Origin, Sir-tech, and Lucasarts collections for consoles though.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:47 PM

This is a collection I'd rather like to have, but I don't have an XB1. Getting consoles just isn't really worth it anymore to me, not for the few exclusives, not when many end up ported to PC in the end anyway.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:41 PM

Practically NO games that define me as a gamer end up on PC. Have never understood "gaming PC" - no God of war I know of - uncharted - sly cooper..gunvalkyrie, panzer dragoon orta... an endless list of must plays before you die really.. have never understood how most PC gamers think "most games end up on PC"..not in my world.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainArcher View Post
Practically NO games that define me as a gamer end up on PC. Have never understood "gaming PC" - no God of war I know of - uncharted - sly cooper..gunvalkyrie, panzer dragoon orta... an endless list of must plays before you die really.. have never understood how most PC gamers think "most games end up on PC"..not in my world.
Because you have a very narrow world.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainArcher View Post
Growing up a had a SNES with almost no games, and a PC (and later a PS1 for fighting games). I played a shit ton of great PC games that are classic from pretty much every genre and most of which never made it to consoles. I mean people go on and on and on about games like Golden Eye and I can't really wrap my head around it since at the time I was playing shit like Quake and Unreal on PC.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:42 AM
HDD Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Same thing here. I've been playing the snapshots lately and I've had a few crashes when it finishes. Luckily, when I re-start, it did record that I finished that challenge and gave me the stamp.

Most of the older games are pretty blah, but the challenges do make them fun and worth at least trying just for the stamps.
Yeah, I somehow got all of the stamps on 'Atic Atac' without really understanding much of the game. The Rare guys said they had a goal of making the Rare Replay be a better experience than the various CD-Rom collections, and I think they did a good job of that. (The 'Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra' comes to mind.)