GooW III Remastered - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-14-2015, 11:21 PM

Default GooW III Remastered

Fired it up for a short while.

Looks like a nice upgrade, feels like it too. If there's some fps lag, I have difficulty detecting it without a little yellow number in the corner telling me. Am not too far into it though, just got bow and arrow ability near start of Hades.

If had to rank the GooW games in order from most to least fav (though overall, I enjoy them all), would probably go something like this - GW2>GW1>Chains of Olympus>>GW3>Ghost of Sparta>>>Ascension

Couldn't wait for a pricedrop, picked it up at Best Buy for around $30 (with member discount).

Before I forget, some quick pics (via share button):

Old 07-14-2015, 11:32 PM

This is good news. I'm glad it's a noticeable upgrade from the PS3 version. I'll still wait for under $20 before I buy it though.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:52 AM

Looks decent but definitely not spending $40 on it.

GooW?
Old 07-15-2015, 03:30 AM

I recall thinking the Hades fight looked stunning on PS3, because the game went all the way up to 60fps during that fight. It just looked shockingly good with the visual fidelity on display at the same time. The whole game being that way might be nice. I'll definitely get this at some point.

When 1 and 2 were remastered at 60fps, it also was like playing a different game. Very nice that was. 3 was the best looking game of that entire generation, so of course it will stand up well as a remaster.

The problem is I get depressed when playing GoW these days, since SSM has become a black unproductive void since Ascension... and that's a depressing thought. Maybe once the next SSM thing is about to come out, I'll run through this remaster without these sad thoughts.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
Looks decent but definitely not spending $40 on it.

GooW?
Just being an ultra abbr nerd - goow for god of war, and geow for gears of war, lol.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
I recall thinking the Hades fight looked stunning on PS3, because the game went all the way up to 60fps during that fight. It just looked shockingly good with the visual fidelity on display at the same time. The whole game being that way might be nice. I'll definitely get this at some point.

When 1 and 2 were remastered at 60fps, it also was like playing a different game. Very nice that was. 3 was the best looking game of that entire generation, so of course it will stand up well as a remaster.

The problem is I get depressed when playing GoW these days, since SSM has become a black unproductive void since Ascension... and that's a depressing thought. Maybe once the next SSM thing is about to come out, I'll run through this remaster without these sad thoughts.
Am a big fan of those SSM arcade titles on PS3, particularly fond of the pixel junk games (I've even repurchased them on Steam). But yeah, they haven't done much lately, though looking at their wiki page, I am interested in that co-developed Rapture game and the new God of war project.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:40 PM

They should have released that God of War Saga collection, with an upgrade focus on GoW3 and Ascension. I think the other were at [email protected] Could have upped them to [email protected] as well.