'Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-27-2015, 11:36 PM
HDD Editor

Default 'Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves (Xbox One)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/20435..._xbox_one.html
Old 05-28-2015, 03:58 PM

I might be the only one here of this opinion, but I found Destiny to be a profoundly disappointing game. It lost my interest pretty quickly as all it consists of is doing the same thing over and over and over in an attempt to get better equipment with which to do the same exact thing over and over and over.

I won't even be giving this a look.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:05 PM
HDD Editor

Sooner or later, the game is just a grind. I really liked the game- characteristics like the art style and the shooting mechanics are top notch (just don't look behind the curtain ever), but the people who have been playing this past 5 months (and yeah, before that even) don't seem to mind the lack of content, story, progression, etc. Far from it, getting and leveling exotics (and collecting resources and doing bounties to do so) see to be what they want. I can't hang with that at all.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:42 AM

The graphics in this game is what impressed me most. I was a player from release until BF: Hardline came out.
Its a console semi-mmo style game. Repetitive quests to lvl up. Destiny is not a bad game. The strikes are fun to do with friends. Working up to handling the hardest difficulty on those was what kept me playing.

Overall I looked at this game as a FPS with some extra content. Instead of just buying or earning wpns you have to quest for them. To me it added alot more to do on the sideline when needing a break from FPS matches. This is not a true MMO but it still was worth playing to experience the short storyline. Hopefully, Destiny earned enough to the point if they release a sequel they will add alot more storyline content.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:41 PM

This was a good expansion, my friends and I are re-hooked to it....we kind of all took a break for a couple of months after The Dark Below came out, but a lot of things have been fixed and the weekly bounty hunting quests are fun, the prison of elders is awesome, especially with my small group I play with, worked wonders for someone like me that doesnt play too much and cant always do raids, I probably wont get the super top tier stuff from say the Trials of Osiris (cause I suck at PVP) but its given me and my friends a good amount of stuff to do and to work on as a team and thats where the game shines, if you are playing this by yourself its really not worth the time and effort, you gotta have some good friends that will steadily play to make it really fun