'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-25-2015, 10:29 AM
HDD Editor

Default 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Xbox One)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/11405..._xbox_one.html
Old 05-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Watcher of stances

really hoping they fix the tiny fonts
Old 05-25-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
really hoping they fix the tiny fonts
They said they're working on it but it may not be ready for the next patch.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:52 PM

I am really enjoying this game and I haven't been bothered by the fonts at all. The game is BRUTALLY hard on the hardest difficulty, but I am really enjoying it. You have to work hard to use the proper magic and attack strategy, or you will die quickly and repeatedly.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
I am really enjoying this game and I haven't been bothered by the fonts at all. The game is BRUTALLY hard on the hardest difficulty, but I am really enjoying it. You have to work hard to use the proper magic and attack strategy, or you will die quickly and repeatedly.
I decided to play on Hard and see if I can tackle the hardest difficulty later. Haven't really gotten a great feel for the combat, enemy attack patterns can be unpredictable and Geralt's movements throw me off.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 05-25-2015, 01:34 PM

You have to get used to locking onto enemies and dodging. I have found that you can't really parry monster attacks, so it is best to dodge. You can parry against humans and sometimes get a quick retaliation, but the monsters still hurt you. If you can lock onto the enemy and spin behind them, you can get extra damage from an attack from behind.

Quen helps quite a lot, and it is a great combination with Yrden. Still, it is incredibly difficult at times... I have even been killed by wolf packs that are 5 levels lower than my character. They surround you and attack from the rear.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
They said they're working on it but it may not be ready for the next patch.
It will be in the next patch:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/...lk-expansions/
Old 05-27-2015, 08:15 PM

Finally started my Witcher 3 playthrough and took down the Griffin. Going to do a bit of questing before moving on.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:12 PM

Anyone actually play Gwent in this? I've been picking up cards but other then the tutorial games I'm finding it impossible to win even though I've been buying every card I can find. The last guy I played in Novigard had a deck that basically let him pull every single card of a certain type out of his deck if he played one card and it was beyond retarded.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
Anyone actually play Gwent in this? I've been picking up cards but other then the tutorial games I'm finding it impossible to win even though I've been buying every card I can find. The last guy I played in Novigard had a deck that basically let him pull every single card of a certain type out of his deck if he played one card and it was beyond retarded.

I messed around with it a bit, since I love card games in general. I've found that counter-play works better for me than trying to be aggressive. Also, I like to set up the AI to over-play the first round and then I concede, which gives me an advantage in the next two rounds, since I typically have a better reserve of cards at that point.