Guitar Hero Live Is Actually Happening - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-15-2015, 03:10 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Guitar Hero Live Is Actually Happening

Soooo... are there any GH fans here that are excited about this?

I'm on the fence about this whole first-person, FMV experience, but I'll give credit where it's due, at least it's different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SnIZgESm4c
Old 04-15-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post

I'm on the fence about this whole first-person, FMV experience, but I'll give credit where it's due, at least it's different.

Looks terrible to me. I actually enjoy not having to look at the artists to some of the songs.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post

I played GH......but then I bought a Rockband game. That was it for that. I went back to guitar hero briefly when they released the one version that was essentially a love letter to Rush. All it did was remind me why I liked Rockband better, plus RB ended up writing an even better love letter to Rush by releasing a ton of their shit as DLC.

I just havent seen enough of this yet to know if Id like it or not. I read about the newer guitars, but I just havent seen much from a gameplay perspective. Even this video is like 3 minutes of fluff and 15 seconds of gameplay.

So....jury is still out for me. I'm not going to write it off, but I'm still looking forward to RB moreso than this.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:46 PM

I don't play these games, but I honestly thought the trailer was a joke at first...
Old 04-15-2015, 04:16 PM
HDD Contributor

I'm going to kill everyone at the office that gets in my way trying to review Rock Band 4, but I don't know whether I'll get a chance to try out the competitor. I'm curious about how the six button layout for the guitar actually feels, and I'm also wondering how repetitive it'll get with the FMV footage before people just skip it entirely to get into playing the music.

Even if I don't get to review it myself, I'll probably just sneak the game and guitar out one day to give it a spin and see how it holds up.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:50 PM

I'm intrigued by the guitar's new layout but beyond that I'll be a Harmonix bitch "4 lyfe".
Old 04-16-2015, 10:17 AM

Gamespot has a couple of videos up with some of their people actually playing the game and talking about it

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/guita.../2300-6424442/

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/on-st.../2300-6424422/

Me, I have no interest, I've gotten more into playing with friends and needing the full band setup with great music. Guitar Hero was the first and I loved it back then, GH 1-3 was awesome, after that I quit bothering until GH had to compete with Rock Band and I bought the World Tour set just so I could get GH Metallica and the Death Magnetic DLC. Being a Metallica fan was the ONLY reason I bought that game though, Rock Band still got played the most with my group of friends and it will be the same way again.

Since GH has now gone back to just Guitar only and focusing on playing mostly live music (which I'm not that big of a fan of live music, I dont do concerts and stuff) its going to be almost useless to me since when I'm with my friends and we can all take turns playing guitar, drums, bass and singing on Rock Band, one person playing GH and having the others wait is a complete waste. I like the idea of picking up the guitar and playing along with real music videos and having a constantly updated streaming channel, but I need to know more about that first and GH seems too focused on hitting every type of music, you will supposedly be playing Skrillex and more pop songs and stuff and that just doesnt make much sense to me for a Guitar game.

Rock Band was always focused more on being a ROCK band Sure they added some country and stuff through DLC but their main focus was the gamut of classic rock through death metal and the fact that all my old DLC that I bought will still work, yeah I'm not putting money into Guitar Hero this time

Last edited by Vidfreek; 04-16-2015 at 10:28 AM.