God of War 3 Remastered - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-20-2015, 08:38 PM

Default God of War 3 Remastered

I searched, but didn't have anything pop up. Please delete if it's already been posted. God of War 3 Remastered is coming to the PS4. I'm not sure how I feel about this because I'm more interested in a new game at this point. Either way, I'll be purchasing it regardless since I have gotten the Platinum for every God of War game so what's one more.

Quote:
If you thought that this would be the year we begin to move away from HD remastered version of already good looking games, think again. Sony Santa Monica Studios announced today on the official PlayStation Blog that one of Sonyís most iconic characters will finally be making his first appearance on the wildly successful PS4. On July 14th you can get your hands on God of War 3 Remastered for the PS4. This will be the first time Kratos will be seen on Sonyís newest home consoleĖthat is if you donít count his cameo appearance in Shovel Knight. The game will be in full beautiful 1080p HD and also include the increasingly popular, photo mode. You know, for those Kodak moments you have, like ripping Poseidonís head off.

No other information has been disclosed as far as pricing or other additions the title may have are concerned.

The original game was released on PS2 almost 10 years ago so it is around the time to get a bit nostalgic about the franchise. This news also comes on the same day of the God of War Done Quick event for the AbleGamers Foundation. It sure is a nice way of celebrating the most notoriously grumpy video game character whilst doing something positive for the world.
Whatís strange about this announcement is that only the third numerical game in the series has been announced to be remastered. It would make more sense to celebrate the franchise as a whole, giving us a collection spanning all of the home console games along with the PSP games. What it might come down to is that there already is a God of War HD Collection on the PS3 and Sony is trying to avoid the confusion even though that collection only includes the first two games from the PS2. If there is anything we have learned from the last few years, is that Sony just loves their HD remakes.

The blog post invites new players to enjoy the Remastered version when it finally releases which is why it is confusing that it is only God of War 3. The story may not be the most complicated out there but certainly it is not the best jumping in point. What this does tell us is that a new God of War game will be releasing sometime in the near future. As Sony stated when the PS4 was launching, all of their developing teams are working on games for the now current ten console and we have yet to know what the titles are. So it is fair to believe a new game is being worked on for the franchise.

Something else worth pointing out is that the release of this remastered title is slated to release a month after E3 so we may just get a new announcement at this yearís Sony conference at E3. One thing is for sure, this game is going to be gorgeous.

Are your eyeballs ready to experience the gore and violence of this extremely angry protagonist? Are you ready for full 1080p HD in your face graphics? Or are you done with remastered versions of games? Are the new additions enough to make you jump back into God of War 3? Donít yell at us but do let us know what you think about this announcement in the comments section below.
http://nerdist.com/god-of-war-3-rema...ps4-july-14th/
Old 03-20-2015, 08:47 PM

The only post about it was in smackdown so you're good. I don't like the series so the only thought I have is $40 is ridiculous.

I wonder if UC will be released in this fashion instead of a trilogy. It seems likely unless this completely tanks, but how much can this really be costing them?
Old 03-20-2015, 08:57 PM

Love the series and 3 especially, but no interest in this at its current price. As I've said elsewhere, I'd put up $15 at most.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Love the series and 3 especially, but no interest in this at its current price. As I've said elsewhere, I'd put up $15 at most.
I'm willing to go higher, like $30, depending on how much work is put into this. If it's another Sleeping Dogs, $20 is my price. If more like Tomb Raider or DmC, I'd go as high as $30, $31.50 if it includes a photo mode.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
The only post about it was in smackdown so you're good. I don't like the series so the only thought I have is $40 is ridiculous.

I wonder if UC will be released in this fashion instead of a trilogy. It seems likely unless this completely tanks, but how much can this really be costing them?
Oh, I try not to visit the smackdown forum too much.
I'm not terribly interested in it at the full price either, but yes for a black friday sale. Uncharted, count me in because I traded them in before Platinum and I have yet to finish 3.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Watcher of stances

I would likely have bit for 20$ but glad I can rent it otherwise.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:58 AM

Seems expensive. And if they expect to do the same thing with Ascension, I don't think they'll find many takers.