Amazon or Gamestop for Pre Order - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-01-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Amazon or Gamestop for Pre Order

I'm considering pre ordering upcoming games VS picking up in store, Please give me your recs on either GS or Amazon. Is there any advantage to ordering online as opposed to going directly to GS or Best Buy? Do either or ship faster?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbor13 View Post
I'm considering pre ordering upcoming games VS picking up in store, Please give me your recs on either GS or Amazon. Is there any advantage to ordering online as opposed to going directly to GS or Best Buy? Do either or ship faster?
Well the fact your not giving you business to game stop would be a plus. Other than that any major game you will be able to find in stores. So pre-orders are not really worth it. Even when Halo 2 came out and I pre-ordered at EB Games (pre gs buyout). I stood in line like two hours in the freezing cold and the next day went to Best Buy and they had plenty of the Collectors Edition. So even special edition games will be able to be found. Plus I was a Meijers the other night and noticed that they had a Gears of War special edition on their shelf still and thats not being produced any longer.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:43 AM

amazon is better. no tax and free shipping (usually). you can also cancel your preorder on their site without emailing them unlike gamestop.

i only preorder from gamestop if they offer preorder bonuses that i find interesting. but gamestop is easier to exchange or return a game at your local store if you change your mind or it arrives damaged. BB and CC ae other great places if you don't mind the tax.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiK View Post
amazon is better. no tax and free shipping (usually). you can also cancel your preorder on their site without emailing them unlike gamestop.

i only preorder from gamestop if they offer preorder bonuses that i find interesting. but gamestop is easier to exchange or return a game at your local store if you change your mind or it arrives damaged. BB and CC ae other great places if you don't mind the tax.

Thanks all! Might try out Amazon.