'Minecraft: Xbox One Edition (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-20-2014, 06:44 PM
HDD Editor

Default 'Minecraft: Xbox One Edition (Xbox One)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Minecraft: Xbox One Edition (Xbox One)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/14539...e_edition.html
Old 10-20-2014, 07:53 PM

Great review, Levi! I pre-ordered my copy about a month back. For under $20, it seems like a great bargain. Now I've never actually played this game before but am REALLY looking forward to it. Hopefully it's easy enough that my girlfriend can play at times too.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Great review, Levi! I pre-ordered my copy about a month back. For under $20, it seems like a great bargain. Now I've never actually played this game before but am REALLY looking forward to it. Hopefully it's easy enough that my girlfriend can play at times too.
I was never huge on Minecraft, but it is a blast to play and build together. I'm more of a fan of Terraria myself but I'm sure you and your girlfriend will have a great time with this
Old 10-21-2014, 02:51 PM

Minecraft is evil, and addicting.

I started back when it was in beta, and would spend 10+ hours a day playing. First solo, then on servers (via reddit).

I stopped, then started again on my Amazon Fire TV once they had unlimited worlds on that version.

It was hard to stop that as well.

No more!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:30 PM

I guess I'm lucky. Never could get into Minecraft.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
I guess I'm lucky. Never could get into Minecraft.
neither did I and I won't. Saw my nephew playing it, he's addicted. My sis and husband took it away from him, was consuming way too much time.

I have no idea what the fascination with it is, it looks extremely boring.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:01 PM

Not sure how much time I've spent playing it, but I have been playing on and off since Alpha. Waiting for a preferred 256x256 texture pack to be updated for 1.8+ before I bother again. Borderlands TPS is taking up much of my game time anyway.

It's the type of game where you either like and enjoy the concept, or just can't get into it. I certainly don't care much for the 'story' progression. But I like the idea of building things. It's like digital lego (where you actually make things, not where you take on the role of lego-ized characters). I prefer survival mode, working my way up to building things, rather than using the unlimited resources of creative mode.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Thanks! Just about anyone can play Minecraft. There is something for everyone here.