Mouse & Keys - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-01-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Mouse & Keys

About 3 months ago I bought my first ever console, a PS3 (was looking for a quick route to hi-def plus really enjoyed playing 'group' games like Buzz on friend's PS2 and knew that I could get these on PS3 too).

Anyway, I digress, One of the first games I got was Call of Duty 3 and while I thought the look was great I was hugely frustrated trying to shoot accurately with the controller.

I was wondering if it's possible to use Mouse & Keys for any of the FPS games (PS3 specifically) or should I just stick to playing these on the PC?
Old 08-01-2007, 06:42 AM

unfortunately although it's eminently -possible- to play games on the ps3 with a mouse and keyboard, the game itself has to support it.

which of course, none do, except supposedly UT3 (which isn't out yet).

i totally agree with you though. i feel so crippled trying to precision aim with a console controller... any console controller.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:59 AM

Yeah. I think I heard something about console players (Xbox360 I think) being able to compete online against PC players on some upcoming (or current, can't remember) FPS games.

I can't imagine anything other than the console guys getting completely owned in such circumstances. The controller just doesn't have the finesse or response of the mouse & keys combo.

I'd love to see the playstation network used to bring out this compatibility much more than extra levels/characters and such.