Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bane is offline Member

Default Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Nov 11 2014

This will feature Halo 1-4. The first two are anniversary versions with 3 and 4 getting an upressing. Everything will be 1080p and run at 60fps.

The multiplayer for each game will be separate and have its original engine.

It will also come with the Halo 5 mp beta and a web series produced by Ridley Scott.

Announcement trailer:

And a look at the Halo 2 multiplayer:

Last edited by Bane; 06-09-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

Pyrochaos is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    This will feature Halo 1-4. The first two are anniversary version with 3 and 4 getting an upressing. Everything will be 1080p and run at 60fps.

The multiplayer for each game will be separate and have its original engine.

It will also come with the Halo 5 mp beta and a web series produced by Ridley Scott.
    I didn't watch any of their press conference. Did it seem like Halo 1 will have it's own MP with XBL support?

With the halo1 anniversary we only got map packs for reach.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

Bane is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    I didn't watch any of their press conference. Did it seem like Halo 1 will have it's own MP with XBL support?

With the halo1 anniversary we only got map packs for reach.
    Yep, each game has its own separate mp now. No more homogenized map packs.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

Pyrochaos is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    Yep, each game has its own separate mp now. No more homogenized map packs.
    I'll pick this up then. Halo 1 MP was amazing, 2's was pretty damn good too. I know I'm not the only one on here that had system link parties on Halo 1.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    I'll pick this up then. Halo 1 MP was amazing, 2's was pretty damn good too. I know I'm not the only one on here that had system link parties on Halo 1.
    When I was on active duty we use to have lots of Halo 1 system link parties. We even had a system link tournament where the winner got a copy of Halo 2 limited edition.

Brian Hoss is offline HDD Editor

Default 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' - One of the Most Ambitious Anthologies Ever

An anthology to envelop Halo fans old and new.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...produced/16176

Default See Microsoft and 343's E3 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Terminal Trailer

A collection to explore both the history of Master Chief and the Arbiter.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...-trailer/16313

I would hope that at some point, this gets ported to PC. I've wanted to play Halo for a while now, but I refuse to play a FPS with a controller (I just find it incredibly awkward now). Halo 1, 2, and 3 made it to PC, but I don't think 4 did.

Fat chance of this happening though.
    Current Computer Rig; 6850k (OCed to 4.0GHz), MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI, Asus X99-A, 32GB 3200MHz Ram, 2x 500GB 850 EVOs SSDs (OS/Programs | High Priority Games), 1x6TB WD Black (Media), 1x4TB WD Black (Games). Bunch of externals.
    Peripherals; Acer Predator 27" QHD 144hz G-Sync & Asus 23" 120hz Monitors, HTC Vive, Logitech G933 Wireless 7.1 Headphones, Corsair K95 Platinum Mechanical KB, Glaive & Polaris RGBs
    Region Free Player: Sony BDP-S5100
    UHD Player: LG UP970

RM
    RM is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
    I would hope that at some point, this gets ported to PC. I've wanted to play Halo for a while now, but I refuse to play a FPS with a controller (I just find it incredibly awkward now). Halo 1, 2, and 3 made it to PC, but I don't think 4 did. Fat chance of this happening though.
    When did Halo 3 come to PC? Are you sure about that? Like really sure?

Edit: yeah, Halo 3 never came to PC. There were some rumors surrounding some AMD patch notes last year, but Microsoft officially said they had no plans to bring it to PC.

While they seem to be warming up to the PC again, there is basically no reason for them to put out the MCC on PC for at least a year after release. It could move a few people to upgrade from 360 to the XB1, and they aren't going to make a significant enough amount of money to offset that. Not to mention it's more or less marketing to build up excitement for Halo 5, which again will not get a PC release anytime soon.
    Last edited by RM; 07-08-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Get Hands-On With 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' as Part of a Packed Presence at Gamescom 2014

'Halo 2: Anniversary' multiplayer playable for the first time.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...com-2014/17022

'Halo: The Master Chief Collection's 'Halo 5: Guardians' Multiplayer Beta Detailed With the New Halo Channel

Three weeks with some carryover.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...-channel/17115

truben is offline HDD Contributor

Default 'Halo 3' and 'Halo 4' Will Look Better in 'The Master Chief Collection' Too

Fargus is offline Member

Why are only 6 multiplayer maps in Halo 2 getting the upgraded graphics? The multiplayer is the most important part of this release and they can only do part of the maps?!?!

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Doesn't sound like full effort
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Why are only 6 multiplayer maps in Halo 2 getting the upgraded graphics? The multiplayer is the most important part of this release and they can only do part of the maps?!?!
    Six maps are being remade to take advantage of the extra Xbox One capabilities of the 'Halo 2: Anniversary' engine. Lighting, geometry, textures, etc. Both the original design (layout) of the maps and all their quirks are being preserved. The other 90+ mp maps have to make do with a rendering up-res and increased framerate. Maybe six seems low to the paying customer, but rebuilding maps to suit a more powerful engine while maintaining the original feel is no joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast