'Jurassic Park: The Game (PS3)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-10-2014, 02:02 AM
HDD Editor

Default 'Jurassic Park: The Game (PS3)' - High-Def Digest Review

The 'Jurassic Park: The Game (PS3)' review is up.

http://games.highdefdigest.com/12181..._game_ps3.html
Old 05-10-2014, 01:27 PM

What made Nick review this now? Not a complaint, just curious. I'm guessing the $1 sale on PSN recently?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:35 PM
HDD Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
What made Nick review this now? Not a complaint, just curious. I'm guessing the $1 sale on PSN recently?
"Reviewing this game three year after its release provides the unique opportunity to revisit one of Telltale's more overlooked titles, especially in the wake of 'The Walking Dead.'"

Nick is an Adventure Game aficionado, but we try to space them out. Three years old is still recent for Telltale, especially with crazy sales and big licenses.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:45 PM

Cool, good to know there's an adventure game fan on staff.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:08 PM
HDD Contributor

It's always interesting to go back to a developer's catalogue and see the games they made in their runup to success. Telltale has been perfecting their formula for years and it finally paid off for The Walking Dead. I was always interested in their take Jurrasic Park, now I'm cautiously interested and may pick it up sometime.

Nice review Nick.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:47 AM
HDD Editor

Quote:
Cool, good to know there's an adventure game fan on staff.
I'm a big fan myself (Blade Runner, Beneath a Steel Sky, The Dig, etc.), but I always thought it was very niche with too much randomly clicking the environment gameplay. When the TWD first hit, my predecessor said something like "this is antiquated adventure game crap with QTEs." I disagreed.

I hope Telltale and QD can keep it going. If Borderlands and Game of Thrones are quality hits on so many platforms, it could mean a serious breakout beyond just zombie fans.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hoss View Post
I'm a big fan myself (Blade Runner, Beneath a Steel Sky, The Dig, etc.), but I always thought it was very niche with too much randomly clicking the environment gameplay. When the TWD first hit, my predecessor said something like "this is antiquated adventure game crap with QTEs." I disagreed.

I hope Telltale and QD can keep it going. If Borderlands and Game of Thrones are quality hits on so many platforms, it could mean a serious breakout beyond just zombie fans.
I've always wanted to try that Blade Runner game. I love how they randomize whether you're a replicant or not.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:43 AM
HDD Editor

Quote:
I've always wanted to try that Blade Runner game. I love how they randomize whether you're a replicant or not.
It's fun just to Voight-Kampff NPCs, but the story is solid as well. Those replicants put the "brutal" in brutally murdered.