Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Brian Hoss's Avatar
    Brian Hoss is offline HDD Editor
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,840

    Post 'PlayStation Now' - PS Streaming Service Announced

    Sony currently streaming PS3 titles like 'The Last of Us' to Bravia sets at CES.

    Closed beta in US at end of January ahead of full roll-out in the summer.

    http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...on_Now__/13522

    Also, 4.2 million PS4s sold as of December 28th, 2013.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    23,046

    Default

    So Now is coming later? When will later be Now?
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  3. #3
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,445

    Default

    latency is still going to be a massive issue
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  4. #4
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,658

    Default

    If it does local streaming I don't see it being bad.

    I'm still wondering when we'll see HBO GO on the Playstation platform. I just bought Chromecast to hold me over till it happens.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

  5. #5
    Bane's Avatar
    Bane is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A city of justice, a city of love.
    Posts
    17,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    So Now is coming later? When will later be Now?
    Soon .
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

  6. #6
    Shoeless's Avatar
    Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    So Now is coming later? When will later be Now?
    Closed beta slated for the US by the end of the month. Full roll-out in Summer, barring a delay announcement, which could very well happen.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    23,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    If it does local streaming I don't see it being bad.

    I'm still wondering when we'll see HBO GO on the Playstation platform. I just bought Chromecast to hold me over till it happens.
    Playstation doesn't have HBO GO? Didn't know that. I thought they would have gotten it years ago when everything else did. That is weird.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  8. #8
    Onslaught X's Avatar
    Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gothaaaam City
    Posts
    37,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Playstation doesn't have HBO GO? Didn't know that. I thought they would have gotten it years ago when everything else did. That is weird.
    Never got it. Possibly a deal with MS (good snag for them, really).

    There are rumors that it may be finally happening though. 20 additional services are coming to PS4 later this year, hoping GO is one of them
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

    Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

  9. #9
    Shoeless's Avatar
    Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    Never got it. Possibly a deal with MS (good snag for them, really).

    There are rumors that it may be finally happening though. 20 additional services are coming to PS4 later this year, hoping GO is one of them
    I would be surprised if even two of those 20 services make it to Canada.

  10. #10
    Onslaught X's Avatar
    Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gothaaaam City
    Posts
    37,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I would be surprised if even two of those 20 services make it to Canada.
    Well, like James Brown, I. Live. In America.

    I feel good!
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

    Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

  11. #11
    Almril's Avatar
    Almril is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    Just an absolutely pointless service. Just like remote play.
    Quiverstar
    Crablice

  12. #12
    Seigla's Avatar
    Seigla is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    11

    Default

    If functionality is not an issue how is having access to stream older titles a pointless service? Depending on the price I think its a great way to access older titles on demand.

  13. #13
    Pyrochaos's Avatar
    Pyrochaos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Pricing will be available for specific titles and a fuller offering.
    So you can buy individual titles or pay a monthly fee?

    I might hold off on some PS3 titles I wanted, like TLOU, if that's the case.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

  14. #14
    Shoeless's Avatar
    Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    So you can buy individual titles or pay a monthly fee?

    I might hold off on some PS3 titles I wanted, like TLOU, if that's the case.
    I don't know about outright purchases. So far they've only mentioned a rental and subscription model.

  15. #15
    gamma626's Avatar
    gamma626 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,925

    Default

    Sweet, can't wait to pay for the titles I already own!
    Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, RE: Revelations (Raid Mode), Doom, DMC4 Special Edition, Fallout Shelter
    Pre-Orders: Octopath Traveler, Spider-Man, Spyro Re-ignited, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Kassandra Collectors Edition, Resident Evil 2 REmake Deluxe Edition
    PSN: Gammagoll
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    You have just been blessed with the power of awesomeness.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1