A Shadow of Its Former Self: 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2' - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-06-2013, 05:38 PM
HDD Editor

Angry A Shadow of Its Former Self: 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2'

Konami brings about a trailer on the eve of E3.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3753[/ATTACH]

Konami brings about a trailer on the eve of E3.

'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2' is headed to consoles and to the PC this summer winter. As part of its pre-E3 conference, Konami has decided to shed light on this part-sequel part-next step in a classic franchise and recent 3D actioner.

In contrast to the first 'Lords of Shadow,' the new game will give the player more freedom to explore, and seems more open world than level based. Likewise, the new game has both a past Gothic castle setting and a modern day cityscape. Patrick Stewart leads the cast of returning voice talent, but what's clear is that this new game is a grander in stature and more firmly attuned to towards conventional Castlevania tropes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wi7wkl1VNPE While the new trailer is dripping with dramatic trappings similar to the first games cutscenes, the actual gameplay is promised to be much improved. A step up in enemy AI should alleviate the former game's repetition with more dynamic enemy actions.

Konami is teasing this winter as the time to "Break the Curse of Immortality." Curse-breaking will occur on the 360, PS3, and PC.

YouTube
Attached Thumbnails
A Shadow of Its Former Self: 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2'-castlevania_los2.jpg  

Last edited by Brian Hoss; 06-07-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:11 PM

While I was no fan of the combat of the first, the restricted feel of the levels and hands-off camera were two of my biggest issues. Hearing those are being addressed has me following this game now. Hopefully the mechanics and design match the lore they've established with this series. I'd really love to love it.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 AM

Sooo, is it coming out in the summer or winter? The text seems to say both.

It would be cool if they give you a code to get the DLC for the first if you buy the sequel, or at least explain the ending from the first without having to play the DLC to get it.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedram View Post
Sooo, is it coming out in the summer or winter? The text seems to say both.

It would be cool if they give you a code to get the DLC for the first if you buy the sequel, or at least explain the ending from the first without having to play the DLC to get it.
Coming this Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring
Old 06-07-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
While I was no fan of the combat of the first, the restricted feel of the levels and hands-off camera were two of my biggest issues. Hearing those are being addressed has me following this game now. Hopefully the mechanics and design match the lore they've established with this series. I'd really love to love it.
I enjoyed it. Not great, but it was a good romp even if it was a bit on the long side.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM

Had this game come out last Oct, I might have played it. Lords of Shadow was anything but a Castlevania game, which is why it sucked. I was told I would be playing a Castlevania game, but I played a game that felt like God of War with sort of Castlevania monsters. The biggest factor was the music, which never once felt like it was Castlevania.

The new trailer has done nothing to impress me at all. I don't care for the new weapons and it looks to be nothing but more of the same. Maybe I'll check it out if it gets ported to the PS4, but that will depend on how desperate I am for a PS4 game.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:35 AM
HDD Editor

Default Rumor Mill: 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate' Getting HD Treatment

'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2' slipping into 2014.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3916[/ATTACH]

Big news on the 'Castlevania' front. That is, if you consider 'Lords of Shadow' retconned development to have produced a 'Castlevania' title. An unconfirmed set of rumors has 'Castlevania Lords of Shadow: The Collection' set for this October. The rumored 360 and PS3 collection would not only include 2010's 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow' and two DLC story additions, but a new HD version of the recent 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate,' which was originally a 3DS title. Finally, the rumored collection would include a demo for the previously announced 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.'

Speaking of 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2,' another rumor has the game's unannounced release slipping from the crowded Q4 of 2013 into 2014. Sadly, with Konami's current approach to PR, confirming these rumors means waiting for Gamescom announcements.

Fans and would-be fans of the 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow' franchise should be aware of the last bits of the rumor, and that is the price and date for the 'Castlevania Lords of Shadow: The Collection.' The collection is rumored for release on October 29th, and for a surprisingly low price of $30, which is the same price that 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror Fate' commands for the 3DS today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr48joNwppw PlayStation LifeStyle
Attached Thumbnails
A Shadow of Its Former Self: 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2'-castlevaina_los_mof_hd_1.jpg  

Last edited by Brian Hoss; 08-19-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 PM
HDD Editor

From Konami,

Quote:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD has been developed by MercurySteam and is set 25 years after the events of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and acts as a precursor to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, which will be released across the same formats this Winter. The game will be available digitally via PlayStation®Store and Xbox®LIVE Arcade, with prices to follow.
The HD update tells the story of Gabriel Belmont's descendants, Simon and Trevor Belmont, as they battle their own destiny only to discover their true, shocking fate. Trevor Belmont, a knight of the Brotherhood of Light, sets out to avenge the death of his mother by his father, who has returned from years of exile to take up residence in a mysterious castle. The powerful figure that was once Gabriel Belmont now stands as Dracula, a powerful vampire. Dracula has declared war upon the Brotherhood and thus the scene is set for an epic showdown between father and son.
"We are delighted to be able to bring Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD to an all-new audience," commented Dave Cox, Studio Head of European Production at Konami Digital Entertainment. "The game acts as the perfect accompaniment to the forthcoming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and will deliver a stunning slice of action and exploration, while unpeeling more layers regarding the lineage and true destiny of the Belmont family."
In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD, players take on the role of multiple characters, each of whom has unique abilities acquired whilst playing during the game's different eras. Featuring a huge array of combos and an intuitive strategic combat system, players can use their characters' weapons and magical abilities to take down anything in their path. The game offers huge, detailed levels and players will encounter enormous boss fights brought to vivid life within the HD presentation.
Along with the HD upgrade and gameplay refinements, including online leaderboards and the much requested "Boss Rush Mode," players will also be given access to an exclusive playable demo of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 to whet appetites for the highly anticipated conclusion of the saga – with fans now able to experience the entire Lords of Shadow story on home systems.
KONAMI has also announced that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD will also be released as part of a new Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection, available via retail on the same day. This compilation features the original Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, its DLC 'Reverie' and 'Resurrection' chapters, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD. As such, newcomers to MercurySteam's beautifully-realized world can experience the full story of Dracula and the Belmonts – and will also gain early access to the first playable demo of the series climax: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:35 PM

Hopefully, they'll release on the PC.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:25 PM
HDD Editor

Default 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection' Arrives in One Month

Part disc, part voucher, plus PC possibilities.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4088[/ATTACH]

'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection' is coming to the 360 and PS3 November 5th. For $30, players will receive the first ' Castlevania: Lords of Shadow', its two DLC additions, 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD,' and a demo for 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.'

Buyers should be aware that it looks like both 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD' and the 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2' demo will be included as download vouchers.

As for the PC, the first 'Lords of Shadow' is already out in its 'Ultimate Edition' form, and the sequel/third part of the trilogy is scheduled for release in February. That just leaves 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD,' which is being teased for an eventual PC release.

You can find the latest info on 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection' linked from our Video Game Release Schedule.

Konami
Attached Thumbnails
A Shadow of Its Former Self: 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2'-castlevania_los_collection_ps3.jpg