'Batman: Arkham Origins' Under Development at Warner Bros. Montreal for October 25 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 PM
HDD Editor

Post 'Batman: Arkham Origins' Under Development at Warner Bros. Montreal for October 25

'Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate' is the portable counterpart.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3584[/ATTACH]

'Batman: Arkham Origins' is the prequel style follow-up to 'Batman: Arkham City,' but as had been rumored is not being developed by series' creator Rocksteady Games. Game Informer has shared this information along with their May issue 'Batman: Origins' cover.

The game is being built with Rocksteady's modified Unreal 3 engine and is set for an October 25 release for the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, and PC. There is no telling of how the PC version's release date will change.

As a prequel, Batman is expected to encounter many of his rogue's galleria for the first time including Deathstroke, and there is the suggestion that Batman will reflect a younger, less refined cape crusader. "We have eight of the best assassins in the world who have come together to Gotham City for one night, Christmas Eve... to kill the Bat."

Eric Holmes is the project's creative director, who some may remember from his work on the first 'Prototype' and 'Gears of War 3.'

'Batman: Origins Blackgate' is being developed by Armature Studio for the 3DS and PS Vita. The gameplay is described as a 2.5D Metroidvania.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6d0geMX4nWA#! Joystiq
Attached Thumbnails
'Batman: Arkham Origins' Under Development at Warner Bros. Montreal for October 25-batman_gameinformer.jpg  

Last edited by Brian Hoss; 04-09-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
'Batman: Origins Blackgate' is being developed by Armature Studio for the 3DS and PS Vita. The gameplay is described as a 2.5D Metroidvania.
Ooohhh... a return to the Asylum format. Sounds great.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:11 PM

assuming he's one of the villains, will mark hamill return for Joker? i know he made a big hulababub when arkham city came out saying he was retiring from the role and that would be his final appearance. but i think the story has since changed.

either way, long as they can make it similar to the other two as far as style and gamplay then it should be all good.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
assuming he's one of the villains, will mark hamill return for Joker? i know he made a big hulababub when arkham city came out saying he was retiring from the role and that would be his final appearance. but i think the story has since changed.

either way, long as they can make it similar to the other two as far as style and gamplay then it should be all good.
I'm sure he'd be willing to come back for the right amount of $$ because I doubt he's making enough from his royalties off of the Gyver movie.

I hope I don't get flamed, but I'd much prefer the Joker take a backseat for this game and have Batman fighting off Deathstroke and the rest of the assassin's while someone like the Black Mask is the main villain that hired them to kill him off.

I just envisioned the beginning of '89 Batman when we hear the street thugs talking about Batman as vampire that drinks blood. Yep. I hope there's a sequence where Bruce is inside Wayne Manor and we get to access the hidden door to the Batcave. That would be badass to see the actual Batcave that's over Wayne Manor and drive the Batmobile down the chute.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairlesswookiee View Post
I hope I don't get flamed, but I'd much prefer the Joker take a backseat for this game and have Batman fighting off Deathstroke and the rest of the assassin's while someone like the Black Mask is the main villain that hired them to kill him off.
I love, love, love the Joker but get where you're coming from. Not every game has to have him in it. Black Mask is a pretty underrated villain to so it would be nice to see him more.

It's digging into the mythos a bit but, it'd also be cool to see dudes like The Wrath and The Reaper pop up.

Overall I'm cautious of this game, no Paul Dini and no Rocksteady has me slightly wary. I just hope it's not a quick cash grab before the next gen starts. We've seen enough of those this year.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM

Who is scripting this? A good story or just some crappy excuse to go have Batman brawl around town/Arkam? Young Batman so no sidekick either... Rocksteady games were good cause it was grounded into the Batman mythos. Game play will probably just be a rip off of that has worked...
Old 04-09-2013, 04:30 PM

I'm also concerned that Rocksteady won't be doing this. Why did they go with another studio?
It sounds promising, but I'll have to wait until the reviews come out to see if it's worthwhile.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedram View Post
I'm also concerned that Rocksteady won't be doing this. Why did they go with another studio?
It sounds promising, but I'll have to wait until the reviews come out to see if it's worthwhile.
I imagine Rocksteady's either working on the next Batman game for next gen or a new property. While a part of me would love to see them keep doing Batman, they're clearly a talented studio and should be allowed to spread their wings a little.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
I imagine Rocksteady's either working on the next Batman game for next gen or a new property. While a part of me would love to see them keep doing Batman, they're clearly a talented studio and should be allowed to spread their wings a little.
Yeah, I can see that. I would have liked to have seen them do a trilogy and then move on though, kind of like what Naughty Dog did with Uncharted.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 PM

Not made by Rocksteady and it isn't coming to PS4, so I'll pass.